Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Know Rumina?

Hey,
    My Wife has been looking into Gods and Goddesses recently, she is drawn to Epona and more so to a Roman Godess Called Rumina, a Goddess of Breastfeeding and Women and protector of nursing young, human and animal both.
    Does anyone know anyhting of her, or ever heard of her before?

M
    In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Re: Anyone Know Rumina?

[quote author=Maulus link=topic=275.msg2735#msg2735 date=1287092202]
    Hey,
    My Wife has been looking into Gods and Goddesses recently, she is drawn to Epona and more so to a Roman Godess Called Rumina, a Goddess of Breastfeeding and Women and protector of nursing young, human and animal both.
    Does anyone know anyhting of her, or ever heard of her before?

M
    [/quote]

I have heard of her...the Romans had a deity for everything, either one of their own making or one they absorbed from the cultures they came into contact with. Its not surprising, if you think about the regimenting and stratification of their society. I really couldn't tell you much other than the fact that she does exist...most minor deities like this have very little by way of source material about them.

She's in the O.G.O.D. project (Obscure Goddess Online Directory), which I find endlessly entertaining as a whole... http://www.thaliatook.com/OGOD/rumina.html
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Anyone Know Rumina?

thanks for that, seems quite a detailed resource, and only one we could find too

M
      In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

Working...
      X