Your favorite Tarot card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favorite Tarot card?

Though I am new at all of this and have yet to fully understand my own deck, which is the Shape shifters Deck by D.J. Conway and Sirona Knight and Art by Lisa Hunt,
    The quiz gave me this:
    You are The High Priestess

Science, Wisdom, Knowledge, Education.

The High Priestess is the card of knowledge, instinctual, supernatural, secret knowledge. She holds scrolls of arcane information that she might, or might not reveal to you. The moon crown on her head as well as the crescent by her foot indicates her willingness to illuminate what you otherwise might not see, reveal the secrets you need to know. The High Priestess is also associated with the moon however and can also indicate change or fluxuation, particularily when it comes to your moods.

I guess I should study my cards more, but there is no pull, no want to do so anymore what should I do? I was excited and overjoyed when I ordered them, delighted when they arrived and when I opened them I was eager to read all I could about them but now I do not even have their want to try and dig them out of hiding from my move.

Comment

I'm also the high priestess, according to the quiz.

I don't read cards anymore but I used to and I remember liking the five of cups; and the idea of though three of them have spilled, you have your remaining two to pick up and move on.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I don't remember which deck it was, but there was a tarot deck I once saw with the suite names and "official titles" in small print...the cards were more or less "interpreted" for people, and had big captions like "Mind" and "Nothingness" in white letters, referring to the traditional way that the cards had been read. A lot of people I spoke to didn't like the deck because of that, but the symbolism in a lot of the artwork spoke to me, and I found it really easy to read with. There was a card called "adventure" with this aurora borealis-like light display over a hill and a child wandering spellbound towards it. I really identified with it. =) Anyway, hopefully someone knows which deck I am talking about?

IN a traditional deck I like "wheel of fortune", "judgment", and "the chariot".

Comment

I don't have a favourite card per say, but I'm always attracted to the Page of Wands. If I'm ever shuffling with a blank mind and drop a card, or if I'm just carrying my cards and drop one, it's always Page of Wands. If anyone does a reading for me, with either my cards or their own, Page of Wands comes out in nearly every reading. I'm yet to figure out what it really means for me.

I also got High Priestess according to the quiz.

~Dressagegirl.19.Female.Student.Pagan~

Comment

My favorite card is The World.

But I took the quiz and got this

sigpic

Comment

You are The Wheel of Fortune

Good fortune and happiness but sometimes a species of intoxication with success

The Wheel of Fortune is all about big things, luck, change, fortune. Almost always good fortune. You are lucky in all things that you do and happy with the things that come to you. Be careful that success does not go to your head however. Sometimes luck can change.

Interesting...I would put it as one of my fave cards, the others being The Star and The Queen of Swords.

I wonder what that says about me...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I took the quiz and got this card;

You are The Empress
                Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.
                The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents, beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.
                The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.

I'm not sure what my favourite card is but my favourite suit is probably the cups.
                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I would have to say my favorite card is the Moon. Being a cancer I am strongly en-tuned to the literal moon anyhow. I use the Druid Tarot. and this entire deck really speaks to me more then any other deck i have seen.
                  The moon card comforts me. The wolf and hound are reminders to me of my totem animals. and there is also a crab (me cancer) in the art. the pillar of stone I tend to pull often in my readings as well. there is so much that I relate to in this card that I find great comfort in it, even though it signifies a difficult journey to me a little. but my dogs are there...to help me along the way. and the moon watches over me, as well as the water. I'm going to take that quiz I keep reading about and see what happens. just for the fun of it.

Comment

Queen of Wands - Maybe it's because I'm a cat person and a fire sign, but she's my favourite Queen along with the Queen of Swords
                    Death - a very powerful card as it immediately surfaces our deepest fears.
                    Strength - reminds me to keep my head held high with integrity and strength
                    High Priestess - a lovely card for the divine feminine

I have the Mary Hanson-Roberts deck
                    sigpic

Comment

My favourite Tarot card. She reminds me of River from 'Serenity'.

Last edited by AL!CE; 13 Nov 2012, 08:14.

Comment

Wow, what deck is that from??
                        sigpic

Comment

The World.

Comment

The Empress.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

The Moon - Leaving the comfort of home as the crayfish crawls out of the pond and conquering fear and doubt.

The Devil - Realizing that those shackles around your neck are loose enough to be removed with your own hands.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

I still don't know what my favourite card is but I have recently begun exploring/blogging about the major arcana and it has been interesting. As I spend time studying some of the cards I discover layers of meaning I had never considered, which in turn makes me love that card a little. F.ex Strength, it has begun to speak to me in a way I never would have really considered before.
                                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X