Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My story- I would also like to here yours!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story- I would also like to here yours!

I was raised in a Baptist family, and when I was 13, I started having doubts about the religion. By 14 I completely abandoned all Christian beliefs, and I felt a weight lifted off of me. Since then, I have struggled with finding a belief system that fits me. For a long time, I considered myself agnostic; not really sure of what it meant, but it was a lot easier to tell people that than to explain my complex beliefs. Anyway, recently my boyfriend has been talking about Paganism. He has a strong connection with his American Indian heritage, and has been talking about their connection with nature. Immediately I felt something was right with that. I searched online and discovered that Paganism in its original root is not really practiced today, and several times the word Wicca came up. I decided to search Wicca and found an amazing website that pretty much changed my life. I never felt something fit so perfectly with me. I know Wicca is my path in life.

Re: My story- I would also like to here yours!

This is a great story, SkullQueen, but I think it would be better placed in the Intro section. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Nah, we can leave it here as long as people also post their stories

Hi hunny, welcome to PF.

X
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Hi ... I guess I can put the abridged version here ... 55 years olde ... Eldest and only male of 6 ... Been on my path thru many variations and detours for about 40 years or so now ... Have family members that have been known to be able to know "things" and do "stuff" ... Claim no familial trads ... We each just have certain knacks ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I didn't have a Christian upbringing; I was mainly agnostic most of my life, until I was 15. I surprisingly didn't believe in Jesus at all, and probably had a faint believe in God and Satan. I did believe that good people went to Heaven, and bad people went to Hell. (Regardless of religion for both.) When I was 15, I thought about Christianity, monotheism and God. I was a bit annoyed at the male-dominance that Christianity seemed to have and wanted a Goddess. I begun looking for one, and found Wicca and, as goddess-centric I was at the time, I never really went into a feminist form of Wicca. (The ironic thing is: I seem to be more drawn towards Gods than Goddesses now a days.)

After a while, I started to become more Eclectic and had some ups and downs while trying to find my place religious or spiritually, and came back to the religion I always felt at home in.
          Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

I became totally Heathen after visting the afterworld a couple of times, and being able to resurface the memories engrave in the spiritual self. I know the purpose of life, and prepare for the permanent departure that awaits me eventually(let's say 40 years aproximative). I was already part Heathen and part Christian (not by choice) before the incidents, but what I saw convinced me that Christianity is bull, Politics is bull. This world is kindergarden as far as I am concerned.

Comment

I was raised in a Methodist household, went to a fundamentalist Christian elementary school (where I was a bit of an outcast coming from a family that believed science and voted Democratic), and considered myself strongly Christian until high school when I finally began to question everything. I liked the version of Christianity that came from my childhood pastor. When he was sent to another church, suddenly going to church lost meaning for me. When I finally read most of the bible without just cherry-picking parts of the gospel I liked, I found that it was not something I really believed in at all. For a time I struggled between Christian and atheist. When I came to college, I tried to go to mass to fit in with my peers. It just wasn't for me. Finally sophomore year, I was exposed to paganism, first through messing around with a ouija board with friends (cliche, I know). The more I learned, the more I liked it. I was almost Wiccan then. Since, I have taken a step back to reorganize what I really believe and what I don't. I still have an altar, but I don't perform rituals at it. Maybe I can finally find a word that fits my beliefs soon. I'm like the girl in Eat, Pray, Love - searching for a word. Difference is I can't afford to go live in Italy to find it, as much as I'd like that.

Comment

Christian by choice for about 15 years.
                Converted to Paganism for about 10 years or so.
                Became an Atheist a few years back

That's the abridged version...

Comment

I was forced to do christian practices by my aunt and grandmother but actuality never even knew who jesus was. My parents were never religious and when we fell out of contact with the rest of the family I never was raised christian. Later I learned about christianity and paganism and all sorts of religious beliefs(I've even read the bible afew times) and decided I was closest to pagan. I finally settled on eclectic ppagan because I could think of no other way to describe it. I have endulged in philosophy for a long time and been doing magic sense before I understood it.
                  Circe

Comment

I was raised in a "multi-faith" family. My mother is a Baptist with New Age and Wiccan tendencies, my father atheist, with my brothers and I some blend of the following (my younger sister didn't really get exposed to that, and by the time she explored religion my oldest brother was influencing her with very fundamental Christian beliefs). Because of that many people thought I was pagan since high school when they found out my beliefs, but I actually held on to Christianity in some form until college.

When I finally decided to dabble in occultism I found it really resonated with me. Plus I started to find my beliefs about life didn't match up with Christian doctrine, which I found was very contradictory to the Bible. What finally drove me to leave Christianity was a high school friend ending our friendship due to my beliefs. It really dug deep since in high school I didn't have many friends to begin with. I realized in that moment that if I had to compromise in such a way to follow a religion then I should leave it. I tried to figure out what I believed during that time and noticed how my beliefs were pagan-ish.

Googled "pagan forum", found this place, and stuck around. I floated around and dabbled with Wicca, only to find it wasn't for me. One day I had a dream with Het-Hert in it where I felt Her presence was what I was looking for in a deity. Researched more about the Ancient Egyptian religion, found it resonated with me, and have been on some form of a Kemetic path ever since.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

My story in a nutshell, I'm Muslim.

(sorry for being boring)
                      [4:82]

Comment

Abridged version

Raised loosely Catholic
                        Discovered wicca
                        Mutilated Wicca till it fit my purposes
                        Discovered broader paganism
                        Mutilated that till it fit my purposes
                        Decided insanity required less effort
                        Went loopy
                        Decided that claiming to be a Jedi is about as much fun as claiming insanity and provides me a good excuse to drop Star Wars quotes randomly
                        Claimed Jedi status
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Not without a proven midichlorian count

Comment

Old era masters, adult students approved, no silly relationship rules and Force sensitivity is not determined by blood test.

Cheating, I know, but it provides access to Thon and how can one not want to train under a Jedi dinosaur that fights with conjured force fields?
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Lol...I'd make a lousy Jedi. I think I'd probably make a better Hutt...

Comment

Working...
                              X