Chat Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat Ideas

So in my quest to dominate this board, fueled by loneliness in tonight's chat, I came up with an idea.

I know many of us on a Kemetic path are still researching (and until there's something solidified at last, will probably continue to do so) and researching many different topics at that. Since we seem to have every so often a chat night dedicated to Kemetic practices what if we used this, in lieu of discussing what we believe, as a study group? We could compare notes on certain topics, fact check each other's work, and maybe come up with a "working formula" for rituals and whatnot to post in the board. This, in turn, could lead to more developed topics in later chats.

Should we decide this is a way to go with it, what topics should we start with? And who wants to lead those topics, how much research have we done already, and how ahead of time should we do?

I just wanted to run it by other people who follow this path just to get some ideas, thought, keyboard rages, etc.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Re: Chat Ideas

Sounds like a great idea.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper Raven View Post
      Sounds like a great idea.
      See, even Juni approved
      my etsy store
      My blog

to descend."

Comment

This is such a good idea it almost makes me want to be a Kemetic.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Hey, Bjorn, I feel even if people don't feel they have anything to bring to the table they're still welcome
          my etsy store
          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
            Hey, Bjorn, I feel even if people don't feel they have anything to bring to the table they're still welcome
            It can be highly educational and possibly even eye opening for those that don't follow that path. With the Q and A sessions, it's more like Teacher/Student. But with a chat like the one that Caelia suggests, it's kind of like looking in from the outside, seeing how people with the same beliefs interact directly with one another. And this can lead to some highly interesting questions that one who'd come to a Q and A wouldn't necessarily think about.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I know it's not strictly on topic (not Kemetic in nature ), but I would be more than happy to participate in a planned chat regarding anything that I have skill/experience with (although please, no computer repair shit...). Obviously, as an Atheist I can only bring so much to the table, but if the Atheism thing starts to run dry, it should be easy enough to just keep the topics science-based.

I can probably commit to something like that

Comment

Exactly, Rok. The way I see it sometimes the outsider looking in can bring a broader understanding to the practice.

Heck, after reading up a bit on Panentheism I'm starting to see how Ma'at really plays into the perspective. That modality has, in turn, got the cogs in my head turning about a broader understanding of my religion and practices.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Ok, I'm assuming the crickets chirping from the Kemetic practitioners means this is ok. I'm only saying that because I'm full of hubris like that

Anyway, I'd like to know what topics everyone's researching / wants to learn more about / willing to study and bring something to the table/ etc.

Here are some topics I'm researching right now:

Wep Ronpet (Dendera)

Ancestor Ritual

Calendar (Decans)

Birthing Rituals
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

to descend."

Comment

as a non-Kemetic person (that hasn't been able to make chat lately, and won't be able to for another 3-4 weeks)....I think it would be interesting to just have a sort of overview of traditional practices....like, what do you do, what do you use, what are differences in worship for different deities, what sources do you use and how different is modern practice from ancient practice...
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      as a non-Kemetic person (that hasn't been able to make chat lately, and won't be able to for another 3-4 weeks)....I think it would be interesting to just have a sort of overview of traditional practices....like, what do you do, what do you use, what are differences in worship for different deities, what sources do you use and how different is modern practice from ancient practice...
                      That's a bit difficult to do due to time periods and slight variations from town to town, but covering each in "chunks" might be easier to manage
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

I'm reviving this thread because I found some literature that I feel is relevant to Kemetic beliefs. I wanted to see if anyone was interested so I could share it and set up a schedule for talking about it. It's pretty huge (112 pages in a pdf format), so it would span over a few months. Is anyone interested?

ADD: The file in question deals with the concept of free will in terms of the Teachings of Ptahhotep, namely the Old and Middle Kingdom view.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

to descend."

Comment

I would just to learn about other paths,it would allow me to understand them better,and perhaps with me being very eclectic,give me some ideas to add to my personal path.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Alright, so I spoke to Jembru and anunitu expressed interest. I think if we get at least two more folks this could really work. Anyone else?
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Put your count at 2.5. I'm not gonna guarantee presence but I'm in chat often enough if there's something interesting up and free will is a passing interest of mine.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X