X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pets chit chat thread

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    My kitty is at the vet overnight because he has a fever and couldn't stop vomiting.

My house is lonely without him.
    Hope the cat situation gets resolved. May your dear little kitty be well <3

Comment

My kitty is at the vet overnight because he has a fever and couldn't stop vomiting.

My house is lonely without him.
      This must be so stressful for you. Hope you hear good news soon.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I hope he's ok, v!

Comment

Well...

He's at home now. He is hydrated again (he was very dehydrated) and when we left the vet, his fever was gone. They gave him an IV overnight and some antibiotics, and he's on a bland diet for the time being. He didn't eat the entire 24 hours he was at the vet, but when I got him home, he ate some wet cat food that they gave me to give him. He hasn't vomited yet, so that's a good thing. If he does, he has to go back to the vet right away, and I'm waiting on some blood work results to see if there is anything wrong with his stomach.

He had an infection from a hypersensitivity skin spot due to fleas (he had fleas? I never saw him scratch or nothing) ...and the vet thinks that's what caused the fever, but they don't know why he was vomiting, hence blood work.

So....hopefully he's okay. That one visit was a colossal amount of money. I'll pay any amount to make him better, but...yeah. I don't have enough real money for this.

Mostly art.

Comment

Well...

He's at home now. He is hydrated again (he was very dehydrated) and when we left the vet, his fever was gone. They gave him an IV overnight and some antibiotics, and he's on a bland diet for the time being. He didn't eat the entire 24 hours he was at the vet, but when I got him home, he ate some wet cat food that they gave me to give him. He hasn't vomited yet, so that's a good thing. If he does, he has to go back to the vet right away, and I'm waiting on some blood work results to see if there is anything wrong with his stomach.

He had an infection from a hypersensitivity skin spot due to fleas (he had fleas? I never saw him scratch or nothing) ...and the vet thinks that's what caused the fever, but they don't know why he was vomiting, hence blood work.

So....hopefully he's okay. That one visit was a colossal amount of money. I'll pay any amount to make him better, but...yeah. I don't have enough real money for this.
            Oh babe. I can relate -- I still haven't had a cat since Cobweb. <3 VIVA LA GATO!
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
              Oh babe. I can relate -- I still haven't had a cat since Cobweb. <3 VIVA LA GATO!
              He was acting odd all evening, pacing and not being able to sit still...and he won't stop licking that damn rash. But he kept his food down, and all night he kept me awake cuddle-mauling my face. I swear, everytime I tried to sleep, I'd wake up to his paws on my head, like he was trying to say "Hey mom, it's time to cuddle!" and then he'd purr and lay across me.

So...I didn't sleep well, but he seems to be feeling a bit better. I guess I'll just wait and see what the blood work results are. Maybe he just had a kitty flu, or something.

Edit: Correction, he threw up once. But it looks mostly like a hairball. Much better than throwing up whole kibble and water like before.
              Last edited by volcaniclastic; 08 Nov 2013, 08:17.

Mostly art.

Comment

Things sound promising, V. I am glad.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

He was doing well, right up until I switched him back to some easy-to-digest dry food. He threw it up almost immediately. It wasn't even digested yet.

What the hell, cat. Just get better!

*goes back to the vet to buy $4/can wet cat food and sighs....*

Mostly art.

Comment

He threw up three times yesterday, ran a high fever and had the chills yesterday evening. I called the emergency vet and am supposed to bring him in this morning. Last night, he did nothing but cuddle, and requested food this morning like nothing was wrong.

I don't even understand.

Mostly art.

Comment

He threw up three times yesterday, ran a high fever and had the chills yesterday evening. I called the emergency vet and am supposed to bring him in this morning. Last night, he did nothing but cuddle, and requested food this morning like nothing was wrong.

I don't even understand.
                      Have there been any troubles with his urination lately? Any excess licking or lethargy?
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                        Have there been any troubles with his urination lately? Any excess licking or lethargy?
                        Lethargy, and licking of the rash on his back, yes. He is peeing fine, though.

Mostly art.

Comment

Lethargy, and licking of the rash on his back, yes. He is peeing fine, though.
                          Have you had his blood results back yet? And this rash on his back... what's going on with that? Is it being treated, do we know if it's related or not? What medications is he on?

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                            Have you had his blood results back yet? And this rash on his back... what's going on with that? Is it being treated, do we know if it's related or not? What medications is he on?
                            Blood results were normal, antibiotics for the rash but he's done his course. The rash is still hot to the touch, I keep calling the emergency vet, who sounds really nice and knowledgable, but is a bitch to get a hold of. Supposed to get him checked up tonight, but can't get ahold of the emergency vet.

He's been eating. He's a bit warm, but not vomitting today. I don't really know whats up anymore.

Mostly art.

Comment

Blood results were normal, antibiotics for the rash but he's done his course. The rash is still hot to the touch, I keep calling the emergency vet, who sounds really nice and knowledgable, but is a bitch to get a hold of. Supposed to get him checked up tonight, but can't get ahold of the emergency vet.

He's been eating. He's a bit warm, but not vomitting today. I don't really know whats up anymore.
                              I'm a bit worried about that rash. You said it's on his back? How long did the meds go for and what were they called? Otherwise it's vomiting, lethargy and fever, right? And craving attention. How long has this all been going on for?

Blood tests were normal... can I ask what it tested for? There are some things that don't show up in the baseline tests, but if his kidney and liver function is normal that's good.... that will have been on any baseline test.

Keep on the bland food while you're getting him sorted... the tinned stuff from the vet is best (I assume it's RC Gastro or Recovery, or Hills i/d or something along those lines?) but honestly you can feed him some plain chicken or white fish in the short term if you need to. It doesn't have much in the way of vitamins and minerals but what we're going for at the moment is easily digestible and low residue.

How old is he?

Comment

My three dogs; Trini Belle, Walter James, and Sabrina Elise, went to the vet last Thursday. They got their yearly shots. Poor Trini and Sabrina have ear infections. So hopefully that will be gone within the week. All of them are Yorkies, so they are pretty healthy other than that. Please pray for the girls if you will. Thanks.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X