This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pets chit chat thread

While I'm able to use my netbook at work, I'll share a few pictures of Magpie.

She makes me so happy! We really love this puss.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

always love snoppy , and want to have one , but it needs much money and work for long time without time to company with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

I don't know how I never saw this, Jem, but she's adorable!

Mostly art.

Comment

Hehe the pictures of Magpie remind me of Yahtzee when we first got him, he's 6 months now and grown so much!

Comment

She is so gorgeously cute! Reminds me of my old cat, Amunet. I wish she still lived!
            ~ flowers are our only garments
            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I have a rescue cat I named Apollo. He's not a kitten. He's probably between 5 and 8 years old but he's my baby. I'll have to get some pictures so I can post them. He's kinda a character. I call him my grumpy old man cat. I initially went in hoping to get a younger cat but he really called to me and I'm glad I brought him home. I'll post pictures as soon as I find some!
              It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
              -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

We've just welcomed two new members to our family - Timothy the snail and Archimedes the parakeet. Timothy is, well, a snail and little more than an algae eating machine. Archimedes is very timid and quiet and would probably warm up to us all faster if Ziggy the bully cat would stop trying to eat him. I'll eventually get him a little friend.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Congrats on the new family!! Is that a giant snail? I used to want one or two of those but was put off by stories of flies. People warned me that no matter how clean I keep their tank, there'll always be little flies around. Birds are cool. I'm sure it has come up before, but I adore magpies. Thing with birds is that.. it's like they not only seem to know they used to be dinosaurs, they actually think they're T.rex. I love them for that. They have bags of personality and are very fun to have around, if not the grumpiest, least affectionate animals you could wish to keep! Keep us posted. In fact, this goes to anyone.. let us know how your furry, scaley or feathery friends are doing!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Congrats on the new family!! Is that a giant snail? I used to want one or two of those but was put off by stories of flies. People warned me that no matter how clean I keep their tank, there'll always be little flies around. Birds are cool. I'm sure it has come up before, but I adore magpies. Thing with birds is that.. it's like they not only seem to know they used to be dinosaurs, they actually think they're T.rex. I love them for that. They have bags of personality and are very fun to have around, if not the grumpiest, least affectionate animals you could wish to keep! Keep us posted. In fact, this goes to anyone.. let us know how your furry, scaley or feathery friends are doing!
                    He's not a giant snail, but he's not teeny-tiny, either. I'm not sure what classification it is. He's about the size of a half-dollar, if that helps. I've never heard the thing about flies. The only reason we got him was so he would eat the algae in the tank where the betta (who has yet to be named) lives.

Archimedes was very scared when I brought her (I'm pretty sure it's a girl) home. She just stood motionlessly and silently in her cage. She's starting to warm up, though. I've been talking and whistling to her and she chirps back to me and moves around. She still won't let me touch her, though. I keep putting my hand in her cage and just keeping it there, trying to get her used to it. She always climbs to the top of the cage if I put my hand near her, though. As I mentioned in another thread, she seems to like the band Saliva...when I put them on she look over and sometimes she'll walk back and forth on her perch and sing along. lol I think she might be a strange one. She doesn't play with her toy or the paper chain I made, even though parakeets normally like to rip things apart.

Funny thing is, my dog is jealous of the bird. When I stand by the bird cage and talk to her, my dog will start whining and acting nervous and begging for my attention, then when I sit down she'll hide under my desk. Can't say as I'm surprised, Archimedes is the first pet I've gotten since I adopted Melody five years ago. I guess the only thing to do is ignore her when she acts like that so she'll learn to share my attention.
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Melody is my favourite name! I actually like it so much I can't use it. Weird, I know, but once it's gone it's gone, you know? You won't get flies with an aquatic snail. I thought it was a terrestrial snail. There is something about the slime they produce that just calls flies to it. Even a newly clean tank will have mucus, so it's apparently hard to control the flies.

I hope Archimedes settles in soon. I've never had a bird myself, but known many domestic birds over the years, and they're amazing fun. I love it when they bond with their owners and ride around on them.. then it's only visitors that need to fear for their earlobes or finger tips!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                        We've just welcomed two new members to our family - Timothy the snail and Archimedes the parakeet. Timothy is, well, a snail and little more than an algae eating machine. Archimedes is very timid and quiet and would probably warm up to us all faster if Ziggy the bully cat would stop trying to eat him. I'll eventually get him a little friend.
                        Archimedes is my parrots middle name! I call him Buddy, but his "real" name is Bubo Archimedes. Congrats on your newbies!
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Archimedes seems to be kind of an oddball. He's not a nervous mess anymore but still does not want to be touched and refuses to play with toys. That's okay with me, though. He's still a nice bird.

In other news, Apollo the Tibetan spaniel is showing his age...he seems to have a sore leg and has been limping around. This does not stop him from climbing the hill outside, however.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

A video of me playing with my little Chinchilla Man a few years back.

Now that I have Rocky, I completely understand all of those crazy old cat ladies who refer to their cats as their children. I love the little guy to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                              Now that I have Rocky, I completely understand all of those crazy old cat ladies who refer to their cats as their children. I love the little guy to pieces.
                              Can verify this. My cat is my tiny little furry child.

Mostly art.

Comment

Can I also agree please? We so often forget that magpie is in fact, a cat and not a little child. I can't remember if I already posted a photo of the presents we got her for Christmas, but she was spoilt rotten. We talk for her all the time in a cute little cat voice and just absolutely dote on her. She even has her own seat at the dining table and sits on it, watching us when we're playing cards! She's amazing (although currently making it very hard to type).;/////////////////!// I think I'll leave that in for comic affect. She stood on the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X