• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So... where'd spring go?

I never complain it's too hot :P

Comment

I hate the cold! I can never get warm and it seems to physically hurt when I get too cold. I like heat much better!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
        So we all have a problem with nature having a since of humor? Soon we will be complaining it's to hot, to dry, to wet, and to stormy?
        We can deal with it.
        It's not the sense of humour that I'm having trouble with. It's the early signs of spring, from a couple weeks ago, taking a hike and leaving so that the last remnants of winter can hang out a while longer. If it warmed up to normal summer temps and snowed in, say, July? I'd appreciate the humor. Teasing everyone with wonderful outdoor weather and then taking it all back and dumping ice, snow and below freezing temperatures back on us, as some sort of 'last hurrah' isn't funny - it's abuse.

And since we're talking about Mother Nature, that's handing out this abuse, it only stands to reason that, logically, we are all victims of some new stripe of child abuse. And child abuse is never humorous.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
          And since we're talking about Mother Nature, that's handing out this abuse, it only stands to reason that, logically, we are all victims of some new stripe of child abuse. And child abuse is never humorous.
          Lol, here we are gearing up for another day of t-storms, tornadoes, golf ball sized hail and whatnot...

...and tomorrow it will be cold again I bet
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Tulips are growing here, crocuses are dying back, and tomorrow gotta get out and till the fields.

Comment

yea my daffodils, grape hyacinths(SP) and tulips had a nice snow job here too but it looks like their holding up well.
              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Heavy rain for three days.

Rivers swollen, basement flooded.

The birds are swimming in the sky.

Send lawyers, guns, and money.

Also, if possible, women.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well MUD season came again...should dry up by the first week of June... Just in time to do the made dash of getting stuff into the ground.

Otherwise besides the rain it's been warm.

Comment

this weather is CUH-RRRRAAAAAYYYY-ZAY!

Today I saw a triple rainbow.

...course, by the time I got the camera out...it was just a rainbow
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      this weather is CUH-RRRRAAAAAYYYY-ZAY!

Today I saw a triple rainbow.

...course, by the time I got the camera out...it was just a rainbow
                      Don't worry... There's always photoshop...
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X