This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your amazing God-like powers

Hypoothetical question - Let's imagine that you have amazing God-like powers, but you can only use them ONCE. Let's also imagine that you have decided that you are going to use your one shot at Godhood to improve the lot of human beings.

What change would you make, and how would it improve the lives of human beings? Are there any possible drawbacks to your choice? Do you see any possible drawbacks in the choices made by others (assuming anybody posts here)?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Your amazing God-like powers

Let the Romans and the Jews destroy Christianity.

Pros: we would have been pagans from birth, we would have not scrapped Nature, human population would be under control.

Cons: we would have human and animal sacrifices, and be about at Renaissance technological level today.

Comment

Oh... we'd be better off with human sacrifice? And the Romans & early post-Christian Jews were into conservation of nature?

The first I'm not sure about - could you explain why we'd be better off with human sacrifice?

The second doesn't seem to be historically accurate, but I may be wrong... maybe somebody with more knowledge of that time period could clear this up for me.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga Pagan View Post
        Let the Romans and the Jews destroy Christianity.
        Thank God the real god allows Pagans, Jews and Christians to exist!

"Had your Lord willed, all those on earth would have believed altogether. Would you, then, compel people, so that they become believers?" [10:99]

[4:82]

Comment

That's a good quote, Dumuzi - I really need to try reading your book again...

Comment

I think I'd give the human race the ability to willingly reabsorb unborn fetuses. Under extreme stress? Not completely 100% sure you are ready to be a parent? Baby daddy skip out on you? Can't afford decent nutrition? Just discovered you have a life-threatening illness? Lose your job & insurance? No problem.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

That would give people one less thing to yell at each other about, wouldn't it? Be pretty convienient as well.

Also, since it would be a natural process, nobody would be running around claiming that it's morally wrong... you know, the way they accept sex as natural... (sorry - sarcasm directed at those people who have a problem with sexuality - not you, Perzephone).
              Last edited by B. de Corbin; 05 May 2011, 08:29.

Comment

hmm... zombie apocalyps or iron man armor to have some fun?

I was thinking about engines who can work on salt water. Oil problem solved. No more crazy high oil prices. Now i think about it an unlimited energy source could also be usefull. Or a machine who can filter the salt in salt water without the use of tons of energy. This is going to be hard...

Or totall human extinction. All problems solved :P
                Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

First thing I would do? Use my omnipotent power to redesign the Universe to allow me to use my powers more than once.

Comment

Oh yeah... you're the guy who asks the genie for an infinite number of wishes...

The boss said to watch out for guys like you.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      Oh yeah... you're the guy who asks the genie for an infinite number of wishes...

The boss said to watch out for guys like you.

My mom always said I should've been a lawyer

Comment

To make Wolverine real!
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          To make Wolverine real!
                          Only if he promises to take his shirt off...

I would design an Empathy Gun. Point it at someone and POW! they know where the other person is coming from, their point of view etc. Would solve a lot of problems.

Comment

Really like Roknrol's answer, but I'd just have to go with having sex with Meg Ryan.
                            Sleep, my friend, and you will see
                            That dream is my reality

Comment

Hmmm... makes me wonder what Meg Ryan would do with her power...

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Originally posted by PharaohKatt View Post
                              I would design an Empathy Gun. Point it at someone and POW! they know where the other person is coming from, their point of view etc. Would solve a lot of problems.
                              You realize, of course, that that would lead to an increase in drive by empathizings...

Comment

Working...
                              X