This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your amazing God-like powers

I'd make a magical well that never dries out and heals all physical illnesses and diseases. Then I'd drink from it and be healed! I'd also like to make it heal emotional issues, but I'm not sure if that would count as using the power once or twice.

Pros: People wouldn't die from serious illness and suffering would be greatly diminished. The common cold wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Cons: People wouldn't learn the life lessons that can come from physical problems. Some government would hoard it eventually claiming rights to it allowing fewer people to access it or some company would sell the water for profit. Oh and there wouldn't be any more sick days at work which would suck. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GypsySeaWitch View Post
      I'd make a magical well that never dries out and heals all physical illnesses and diseases. Then I'd drink from it and be healed! I'd also like to make it heal emotional issues, but I'm not sure if that would count as using the power once or twice.

Pros: People wouldn't die from serious illness and suffering would be greatly diminished. The common cold wouldn't be a problem anymore.
      I think I'd rather die from a serious illness than starve to death. Which to me seems to be an obvious outcome of having almost no natural checks on human population.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
        I think I'd rather die from a serious illness than starve to death. Which to me seems to be an obvious outcome of having almost no natural checks on human population.
        So then another question is does the well also cure starving to death since that could be considered a physical issue and the well cures all physical problems? But yeah the over population would be a major problem. Didn't think about that one. Guess if the well existed we would need to start colonizing the moon or something. lol.

Comment

So - how about this -

The well cures everything, but causes sterility...

Or maybe you need a dragon to guard it, which will eat 99 out of 100 people who come for a sip...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh I would probably just dither. And then Mr Penry would come along and make my mind up for me.... and then we'd argue....
            Nah. I'd just sit there, thinking about it. For years, probably, knowing me.
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Here's one: Legalize Gay Marriage.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                Here's one: Legalize Gay Marriage.
                nice one, that does require amazing god like power. i think id make mankind perfect, meaning without fear, or malice or hatred. thease perfect humans would be valient and courageous and honest. they would rescue those in danger and help one another for no reason other than human decentcy. they would not get sick or tired. i think that would be good
                Circe

Comment

I think I would make my eyes better so I can read words on the TV. That way I won't make my wife mad by asking her what they say (she can't read them either). This will put both of us in a better mood and, relying on the Butterfly Effect and contagious quality of good moods, the mood will spread, thus ending all war and human conflict.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I would change the way we view the world around us and use resources.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X