meditation wierdness..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meditation wierdness..

ok so i found something awesome! I was meditating last night visualizing that I was underwater in this beautiful ocean! swimming not needing to hold my breath. its almost as good as actually being in the water! well during my meditation last night. with nothing i noticed to prompt it everything went black. I felt myself being drugged down and my lungs and heart got tight and i felt my nose wrinkle like a snarl. i was kinda fearful but not enough to break my meditation. I was able to bring back the light and continued in my bliss. but it was very wierd.

any ideas? i cant make sense of it.
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Re: meditation wierdness..

When we enter a meditation state, when we become too aware we start to feel that "crash". Think of it like the flying sensation before falling asleep and then "crashing".
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

what? i don't understand
      "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

You entered a meditative state and kicked yourself back to your normal state.
        my etsy store
        My blog

to descend."

Comment

like i should have embraced the darkness?

Comment

It is common to have "altered feelings" in meditation. I won't go into why here, but basically go with it and shield yourself in the future.
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

ok so how do i shield myself?

Comment

Here's a good 'un from another forum:

If that fails use a protective stone or circle yourself with a few.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

ty i appreciate that

and where can we get into why we have altered feelings in meditation. i'm intrigued

Comment

A lot of my info comes from personal experience and has a slew of anecdotes (my first few years were very interesting, imho). For that reason I'm a bit stumped on books that may discuss it.

One that comes to mind is The Art and Science of Raja Yoga by Sami Kriyananda. Each chapter has a section about meditation and it goes over altered states a bit. It also comes with a cd with a pretty decent guided meditation. Just ignore the New Age stuff about ancient societies with hover cars and whatnot.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

It almost sounds like your mind truly started to believe you were swimming and possibly drowning, your mind went into a state of panic. Then you reminded yourself that you were safe and this isn't "real" and your mind calmed and you resumed your meditation.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X