This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Messages I'm Down With...

I was recently talking to an online friend via facebook. She's from Ukraine. Christian. She's a really nice person but recently she said "too bad you're so far away" and then added "..And not Christian". O_o
    Ouch! I mean OUCH! We're friends, help each other out, so why does it matter that I'm not Christian?
    I don't mind people being followers of any religions as long as I'm friends with them... Monotheist, polytheist, atheist, whatever... If we have good and friendly relationship - I don't think it matters.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Glen, this is entirely the wrong thread for that discussion.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Gleb, I take that to mean she sees a potential to be more than friends, if the circumstances were different.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Glen, this is entirely the wrong thread for that discussion.
          Sorry, MO. Should have posted this in the rant thread. *Gleb.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          Gleb, I take that to mean she sees a potential to be more than friends, if the circumstances were different.
          It's quite probable.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Sounds good to me ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Religious Literacy
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Jesus' most famous sermon was so well-attended that He had to climb a mountain to create enough space in order to speak to the crowds. What He gave them was ...

Comment

Shane Willard's take on NT teaching around divorce and anger. I especially liked his teaching on Echad.

Comment

Da Pope on Lent: http://time.com/3714056/pope-francis...g/?xid=fbshare
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm convinced the Pope is the actual AntiChrist. If you figure out what that actually means. It's not an insult I swear.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think he is definitely anti-Christian...but then again, I think Jesus-as-Christ (or as a dude) was pretty anti-Christian too...
                        sigpic

Comment

After I read Daniel Quinn's The story of B (about what is an Antichrist as opposed to who is an Antichrist) I have a very different view of the concept.

Many of us are already Antichrists in our own right. We have shrugged off the need for a higher power's salvation and fixing to be 'perfect' from our incorrect form. We are our own salvation. And when you start to spread that word...the idea of God is null and void.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            After I read Daniel Quinn's The story of B (about what is an Antichrist as opposed to who is an Antichrist) I have a very different view of the concept.

Many of us are already Antichrists in our own right. We have shrugged off the need for a higher power's salvation and fixing to be 'perfect' from our incorrect form. We are our own salvation. And when you start to spread that word...the idea of God is null and void.
                            If you look at this that way, sure.

I take a very different view of the idea of Christ--more like that of the Buddha. It's about attainment of enlightenment/divine-ness...which is perhaps paradoxically becoming the best parts of what it means to be human by overcoming the monster part of the terrible monster.

TBH, being your own salvation, whether one believes in a higher power or not, can be part of that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Dear Frank Can I call you Frank? This is just pastor to pastor. Feel free to call me Peter. Anyway, I have to say I was flattered when I learned that your Decision America Tour took a detour off th…
                              sigpic

Comment

The open letter was awesome. As with so many other things on the web, the comments are a testament to human stupidity and malevolence.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X