This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Finished my last audiobook while driving to Vegas. It was pretty awesome.

Now on to book 2, Zombie, Illinois.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

A Witch Alone

Norse Myths

Comment

Hamlet. (Having a course in classics I have managed not to read until now.)

What I want to read: a damn Swedish book for my thesis and myths.
        baah.

Comment

Finished the trio of Zombie Ohio,Illinois and Indiana. And they all sorta came together in the end.

Oh my Satan! Mira Grant put out another book in her Newsflesh series called Feedback. Remember when I just finished a 24 binge listening of hers? I'm back again! All up in the Kellis-Amberlee virus world!

Comment

The Water's Lovely by Ruth Rendell (or I'm going to start as soon as I get up and do the dishes and all the other boring things. And then Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and the Bible for the classics course. I have a love/hate relationship with literary classics.
            baah.

Comment

Pagan Portals' Brigid by Morgan Daimler. Nice little book but her writing style feels like reading a forum post. She brings us such sentences as 'I find this method to be a good one and I prefer it over footnotes or other methods of citation, which is why it's the one I use.' That kind of over use of redundant words is something I do all the time. I know I do it though, and try to be more concise when writing articles or anything that isn't informal babble on a forum. You know, like a book!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                Pagan Portals' Brigid by Morgan Daimler. Nice little book but her writing style feels like reading a forum post. She brings us such sentences as 'I find this method to be a good one and I prefer it over footnotes or other methods of citation, which is why it's the one I use.' That kind of over use of redundant words is something I do all the time. I know I do it though, and try to be more concise when writing articles or anything that isn't informal babble on a forum. You know, like a book!
                I was actually considering buying that book recently, but I opted for a bigger book on Brigid instead. I bought another Pagan Portals book for The Morrigan, and it was the exact opposite of your description of the Brigid book; no needless babble, and just as much information packed in about her as there could be in less than 100 pages.
                Last edited by toxicyarnglare; 01 Nov 2016, 18:39.

Comment

I just re-read "A Wrinkle In Time", which I've loved since I was a kid. There's going to be a movie made of it with Chris Pine.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                    I was actually considering buying that book recently, but I opted for a bigger book on Brigid instead. I bought another Pagan Portals book for The Morrigan, and it was the exact opposite of your description of the Brigid book; no needless babble, and just as much information packed in about her as there could be in less than 100 pages.
                    It's by the same author too!!

When it comes to the research, she's very good. She's debunked a few misconceptions about Brigid and explained where they originated. I looked at a few books but this was the only one to focus exclusively on the goddess rather than tying her in with the saint.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Now, thanks to you two, I want to read a proper pagan book!
                      But there's so many of them....
                      baah.

Comment

The Korean War by Max Hastings.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Listening to Extinction aftermath (book 6) narrated by Bronson Pinchot. You old people will know him as Balkie from Perfect Strangers. Apparently he has a really good voice and has a career as a narrator. He's pretty awesome.

Comment

I remember that guy....kinda loved that show..yeh,I am that old..
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Dragonfly in amber... actually started watching outlander before I started reading it, but I was quite taken.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

*fistbump

So I finished the Dead won't stay dead (I think).

Now I'm going to punish myself with some deep dark serious feels.

Gonna listen to Cormac McCarthy's 'Blood Meridian'.

Oh yeah, I'm going there.

Comment

Working...
                                X