This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Still reading Robinson Crusoe and Green Witchcraft II with it.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. It's nowhere near as good as Pillars of the Earth but it is a very interesting fictional speculation about the roots of and the progression of WWI.

Comment

Just started "World Religions: From Ancient History to the Present", edited by Geoffrey Parrinder. It's very out of date--published in 1971--but I'm sure I can still learn from it.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Totally forgot to put this down! Extinction Horizon by Nicholas Sansbury. NOT zombies! It's uh...Ebola gone super soldier. You get Ebola but you don't die! You turn into a monster with a sucker for a mouth and you crave the human flesh! Sorta zombie. Eh while still bleeding out of all your holes.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The Body Electric by Robert O. Becker and Gary Selden. It's dense for somebody that has no scientific back round, but it is very interesting (at least the part I can understand!). Salamanders are AMAZING! by the way. The animal experiments seem cruel from a certain perspective, but it is very fascinating. I'm only 100 or so pages in, but it is very intriguing!

Comment

Extinction Edge by Nicholas Sansbury Smith. It's book 2 of Ebola monsters!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

With all the end of days Zombie cooties,I just say.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Incense Oils and Brews by Cunningham.

Just got done with Dragonbane by Kenyon.

Thinking about reading the peculiar children book.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Crisis in the Pacific by Gerald Astor and The Snare of the Hunter by Helen MacImes.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I got two books that I order from Llewellyn at the post office today. Necronomicon and Alhazred: Author Of The Necronomicon. I'm going to start reading both books tomorrow.

Comment

Torgny Lindgren: Bat Seba and Tove Jansson: A Winter Book (short stories) for uni.
                        + some others: Tara Brach: True Refuge (sort of self-helpsy and fluffy but I have a soft spot for Tara Brach)
                        Henning Mankell: Sidetracked (which is great but somehow I never seem to finish it)
                        Ivan E. Coyote: Bow Grip (gotta love everything they write)

+ still almost all books I've mentioned in this thread. :P I'm a slow reader. (Or just prefer the computer...)
                        baah.

Comment

That's really cool.

Comment

Torgny Lindgren: Bat Seba and Tove Jansson: A Winter Book (short stories) for uni.
                            Is that the same Tove Jansson who wrote Moominland Midwinter? It was one of my favorite childhood books. Still have it!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              Is that the same Tove Jansson who wrote Moominland Midwinter? It was one of my favorite childhood books. Still have it!
                              The same! She's not very well-known for her other-than-Moomin-related works although she was a really versatile artist.
                              I have never read Moominland Midwinter (I've seen the animated version though, several times.) but I definitely should!
                              baah.

Comment

I've started to read The Martian by Andy Weir (think I spelled it right) and Dancing with Dragons by DJ Conway (had it for a long time and am finally getting around to read it).
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X