This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

"Myths of China and Japan", by Donald A. Mackenzie. It's fairly outdated (1994), and the language is dry as hell.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

How Revolutionary Were the Bourgeois Revolutions by Niel Davidson.

Comment

President Obama's OUTSTANDING Glamour article about being a male feminist:

Glamour Exclusive: President Barack Obama Says, "This Is What a Feminist Looks Like"

Way to be, Prez, way to be!
        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 05 Aug 2016, 07:04.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The book of Druidry by Ross Nichols....it hurts my head
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Semper Fi Vietnam by Edward Murphy.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Just finished "Wicca For One" by Raymond Buckland. My first Buckland book, and I have mixed feelings. I plan to put up a review of it.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Zen And The Way Of The Sword, by Winston L. King

Comment

I just started the new Polytheists journal: Philosophy and Polytheism

Comment

The Witch's Shield​, by Christopher Penczak

Comment

Took me 22 days, but I am FINISHED with my 24 hour collection of Mira Grant's Rise compilation.

And now onto Nicholas Sansbury Smith's Helldivers. The world is dunzo. And humanity lives in airships in the sky. Except they are old and all but 2 have fallen to earth. Helldivers 'dive' to earth to salvage parts.
                      But....something down there...is moving! I already know it's a series.

dang it.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Uggies. That Helldiver wasn't my cup of diet dr pepper. So I'm switching to The Revenant by Michael Punke

Comment

The Soil Will Save Us (on audio book @ work)....not sure when I'll have time to finish though, work is about to be cray cray (as my 9 yo would say) for the next few weeks.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            Uggies. That Helldiver wasn't my cup of diet dr pepper. So I'm switching to The Revenant by Michael Punke
                            Man I tried to get into Helldivers. Not gonna happen. It's over.

Trying a new author. Resurrection: A Zombie Novel by Michael J. Totten

zombies, I'm baaaack!

Comment

My book club is doing "The Hundred Year Old Man Who"... I forget, something about climbing out the window and disappearing? It's a long title. I don't know if I'm going to read this one, but the last one was "The Passage" and I loved it!! I haven't read the sequels to it yet. I did pick up the Paper Magician and it's cute so far.

Comment

Right now I'm reading a short book called Following The Deer Trods by Elen Sentier, supposedly a shamanistic approach to following the deer goddess Elen. It's got some interesting spiritual exercises that I don't think need to be specific to following her, though she contradicts herself once and some of her exercises, despite saying she's from a long lineage of witches, seem to bear similarities to Wicca. But that seems to be the norm at times (like with Gerald Gardner), so it doesn't bother me that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X