Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Nov 2010
    Religion
    Pagan
    Phrase
    "Remember that paganism is a path of experience, not of dogma."

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

I'm reading the last(?) Diana Gabaldon book "An Echo In The Bone" and Malachy McCourt's "History Of Ireland".
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

human all too human by Friedrich Neitzsche
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Mar 2006
    Religion
    In transition -- Seriously looking into Shamanism

Marauders of Gor by John Norman
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Nov 2005
    Religion
    Pagan Polytheist, primarily Dionysian

I'm reading Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. I just finished the 4th book, Temple of the Winds, and my husband promises they get better beyond this one, but I've enjoyed these so far. I didn't like them when I started, but that's because I'm not usually into fantasy - I only picked them up because they're one of hubby's favorite series.

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

A Game of Thrones, and I've been reading it forever because I don't have so much time to read lately

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

About to start "Tick Tock" by James Patterson.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Apr 2011
    Religion
    Ecclectic Domestic/Kitchen Witch

Just started reading Circle Round and so far it's exceeding my expectations.
    )O( Blessed Be )O(
    Raven Rin

My Blog
    Raven Rin's Pagan Nest
    The Adventures and Home of a Pagan Mother
    http://ravenrinspagannest.blogspot.com/

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

“You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Naamah's Blessing - Jacqueline Carey ...and I'm nearly done it already.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.