This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

I just finished Battle Scars by Sheryl Nantus I am saddened there is no book 5 and this is I guess the last book in the series. It didnt end well enough to be the last one. I demand/ask/plead/beg for more to the series

Comment

Finished Strong Men Armed and am reading Warlords and Egyptian Paganism.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm reading a potentially kind of obscure book I found called Magickal Judaism: Connecting Pagan & Jewish Practice which is very relevant to my interests at the moment. I'm also reading a book called Kabbalah: The Way of the Jewish Mystic which was given to me.

And as for books on a totally different topic, I'm slowly but surely reading Prozac Nation.

Comment

The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I am currently reading through the Chronicles of Narnia

Comment

Originally posted by Aakosir View Post
              I am currently reading through the Chronicles of Narnia
              I ADORED that series when I was a kid. I reread more times than I can count!

Comment

Fool's Assassin by Robin Hobb. I bought it for myself for my birthday.

I love Robin's characters. She does the narcissistic antagonist very well! Her characters stay in their persona the whole time and don't say/do things to push a story a certain way or tout a huge monologue to push a certain belief/theme.

Comment

Finished up Contagious by Scott Sigler. This was the sequel to Infected. You can read my review here called: The triangles have met the spore!

And now I'm listening to the much awaited sequel to Jonathan Maberry's Dead of Night called Fall of Night. OMG. Zombies are amaaaazing!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm still slogging my way through House of Leaves. I'm at this really annoying section where the text goes in every direction. And every single typo haf me thinking it meanf fomething.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    OMG. Zombies are amaaaazing!
                    If you ever want something a little more light-hearted, but still awesome, check out Breathers by S. G. Browne.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

^^ i gave up on that book, cool concept. terrible writing style in my opinion.i reread some clive barker stuff tho. aged a lot better than his movies!

Comment

I finally finished up Maberry's Fall of Night. I'm so lonely without my zombie peeps. I get so caught up in their world. You can read my review here called: "Live from the apocalypse"

And now for something a bit different. I, Zombie by Hugh Howey. It's a set of vignettes of zombie life...from the perspective of the zombie. So far the most terrifying listen. On a happier note, one of the narrators is the chic who read for Mira Grant's Newsflesh series. Is it weird I'm starting to recognize all the narrator voices?
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The Demonologist, by Andrew Pyper.

This is a good, literary page turner. I gotta go find more by Pyper.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I currently have four books on the go and I chop and change between them depending on my mood;

Tarot for Yourself by Mary K. Greer
                            Evolutionary Witchcraft by T. Thorn Coyle
                            A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
                            Great Tales of Horror by H.P. Lovecraft
                            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Comment

Finished House of Leaves, have moved on to a book about raising chickens.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X