Your Own Security (remember me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Own Security (remember me)

A few days ago my partner accessed my paganforum account to cause some havoc. He thought this was incredibly clever and started a thread about internet security. He PFraped me (as he said lol). He has been well told off and is sorry.

Now if this had been anyone other than my partner this could have been an incredibly serious breach of my privacy and as such I just want to remind our members of a few simple internet security guidelines:

1. Although we have a "remember me" button that keeps you logged in and remembers your password, don't use it if you share a computer with someone.
    2. Always log off when you are done.
    3. Be aware of how to contact an admin/mod in case anything does happen to your account.

Thanks guys. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Re: Your Own Security (remember me)

Thank you FW for this reminder. It is good advice to take into consideration.

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
    3. Be aware of how to contact an admin/mod in case anything does happen to your account.
    I want to touch on this specifically. You don't have to know anyone's specific email address to get in contact with the staff here. If you do know someone's, that's great too. But if you don't, there's still a way. At the bottom of every page is one menu bar that contains a "Contact Us" link. This brings you to a page where you can fill out your name (real or forum name), email address, select a topic, and a text box for specific questions or comments. This gets sent to our support inbox where we can take a look at what the issue at hand is and contact you back if we have resolved it or need more information.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
    X