X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When you die...

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
    Honestly?

Cynical moment ahead, but at this stage in my life I don't care all that much so long as some well-meaning relative doesn't dress me like this.
    The dress is hideous. The apron might be nice in color. However, the dagger is cool. What did mormon women in 1870's do with daggers like that, anyway?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      The dress is hideous. The apron might be nice in color. However, the dagger is cool. What did mormon women in 1870's do with daggers like that, anyway?

The apron is green--it's supposed to be "fig leaves"...only part of the costume that isn't white. As for the dagger? Until 1990 there were some very strict forms of harm one swore to subject one's self to, if the contents of the temple ceremony were revealed to anyone. The church tends to be very quiet about such changes, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had originally been made with a dagger in hand, rather then just hand motions.

The men's costume is also very strange. If you ever wish to see either, simply attend an LDS funeral, as all practicing members are buried in their temple clothing.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I'd also like to be an organ donor. The rest of me, I think cremate me and scatter the ashes.

Then erect a giant monument in my honour so all my minions can bow to me MWAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

I really don't care. I'll be dead. Whatever makes my friends and family feel better.

I think I'll even put "do what you want" in my will.

Comment

Fuck X3...3 times I've tried to reply to this and Starbucks WiFi keeps dropping >

I'd rather be buried than cremated, although cost-wise cremation makes a fuck of a lot more sense. If buried, I'd prefer to be encased in gold and buried head-down under my star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (I don't actually have a star, but I'm not actually dead yet either )

I wouldn't mind being launched into space, but if that's the route taken I'd prefer to be "whole" (instead of ash) if that's the case.

Comment

I also want to be an organ donor--if it can be used, take it out. Burn the rest, and I want to buried at sea, courtesy of the US Navy.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Don't think anyone is going to want my organs...
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Buried? Cremated? Don't give a carp?

What are your last wishes?
                  Organ donation and cremated. Scatter half of my ashes at my childhood vacation spot and bury the other half with my spouse or- if I'm divorced- near my parents.
                  "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
                  Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

I figure that when I go out I'll probably be pre-cremated and there probably won't be many usable parts - yes, I intend to go down in flames

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      Monk, I'll abscond with your remains and scatter your body along the highway in 10 different black plastic garbage bags. I'll save your heart and toss it in a trout pond.

__________________________________________________ ____________

My personal preference is to have all the reusable and recyclable stuff be removed and reused. It won't matter to me (what with me being dead and all), but it matters to others who could use that junk, and it doesn't cost me anything to be generous after death, so they can have it all.

Anything left can go back to the ash factory.
                      That would work! I never thought of having a traditional Detroit style service and the trout pond is a nice touch.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                      Don't think anyone is going to want my organs...
                      Same here. I've always said I was going to have "No user serviceable parts" tattooed on my chest due to health problems and a medicinal drink now and then.
                      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I'm a registered organ donor to and I think I would like to be cremated
                        http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Despite that I don't care what happens when I die, I would like to be an organ donor. I'm not sure if I checked the form or not because it's with your address registry here and when I did that my Deutsch was nicht so gut, and since then I've just done change of address. Next time I have to go to city hall though (next year all my German ID expires) I'll ask on it though! Since I don't care what happens to me when I die, I feel that parts of my body should be used to save lives. Hell, they can donate my body to science or whatever for all I care.

Comment

Just a couple of things I've learned from experience about organ donation viability (since many folk, myself included, opt for this):

I found out when my dad died that having high blood pressure, especially untreated high blood pressure, makes organ donation very iffy. No one wants your kidneys, which are normally highly desired parts. If you have high blood pressure, and take your meds, then no one wants your liver, pancreas or kidneys because of possible organ damage from the meds. Alcoholism & drug addiction can also get you excluded from donation. About all they're willing to take is skin & corneas. If you have a spotty medical history due to poverty or just not going for even semi-regular check-ups, with few traceable medical records, you're not a good candidate for organ donation at all because there's no proof you were healthy enough to provide tissue to a sick person. My dad was close to homeless when he died.

(When people talk about how homeless people are 'farmed' when they're terminally ill or have just died, or those 'woke-up-in-a-tub-of-ice' stories, at least here in the US, they are pure urban legends. Even the thing about ERs not being encouraged to save the lives of helmetless bikers - most outlaw bikers don't exactly keep up w/their health and well-being enough to be considered good candidates).
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Hell, it took 27 years before I found someone that even *wanted* my organ...I don't think my corpse will keep long enough to find someone that wants the others

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                                Just a couple of things I've learned from experience about organ donation viability (since many folk, myself included, opt for this):

I found out when my dad died that having high blood pressure, especially untreated high blood pressure, makes organ donation very iffy. No one wants your kidneys, which are normally highly desired parts. If you have high blood pressure, and take your meds, then no one wants your liver, pancreas or kidneys because of possible organ damage from the meds. Alcoholism & drug addiction can also get you excluded from donation. About all they're willing to take is skin & corneas. If you have a spotty medical history due to poverty or just not going for even semi-regular check-ups, with few traceable medical records, you're not a good candidate for organ donation at all because there's no proof you were healthy enough to provide tissue to a sick person. My dad was close to homeless when he died.

(When people talk about how homeless people are 'farmed' when they're terminally ill or have just died, or those 'woke-up-in-a-tub-of-ice' stories, at least here in the US, they are pure urban legends. Even the thing about ERs not being encouraged to save the lives of helmetless bikers - most outlaw bikers don't exactly keep up w/their health and well-being enough to be considered good candidates).
                                Yeah I was always pretty sure those are urban legends, and they don't even spread here or where I'm from. Public health care kinda makes stuff like that a lot less lucrative, even hypothetically.

I'm actually very healthy (or so I'm told)....low blood pressure, good function, all that stuff. I think the only parts no one really wants from me would be my uterus and my iron-deprived blood. Hopefully though, no one will get my organs not because I don't want to be a donor, but because I'm counting on living long enough that they'd be deemed useless :P

Comment

Working...
                                X