X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you die...

Buried? Cremated? Don't give a carp?

What are your last wishes?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: When you die...

1) Organ donation

if no one wants my organs, then...

2) BodyWorlds exhibit

if I'm too fat to plastinate...

3) Some form of green disposal, like liquefaction, air burial or something similar.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Cremation, please. And, if possible, scatter my ashes over some mountains.
      Sleep, my friend, and you will see
      That dream is my reality

Comment

Cremation.... get rid of ashes, on a mountain, in the sea, down the loo... and then I would like everyone to just get on with their lives and be happy.
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I would like to be an organ/tissue donor.

I have this fear of being buried alive, so I would prefer to be cremated. I would love to have my ashes placed in a stream or under a willow tree.
          However if my family chooses to bury me they must give me a walkie talkie withe extra batteries and a cell phone. JUST IN CASE.
          sigpic

Comment

Don't give a crap.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If I died in Valor, set me on a skiff, with gaz or oil to make it burn, set a detonator to activate the burning and push me on the water.
              If I die a Straw death, just burn me and bury me in the familly crypt.
              If I die a Sea death, drop my body in the water.

Comment

Cremated please x
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Organ donation if possible then cremation and then I don't give two carps what ya do with the ashes LOL

Comment

I wanted to be buried in the old cemetery I use to work in in Mount Clemens but my mother in-law intervened. She bought us a crypt in a mausoleum with out asking when she found out I had cancer (just what I need to lift my spirits at the time) and to top it off it's in a huge catholic cemetery. I can't sell it because my wife want's to be near her dad who past away some years ago.
                    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Monk, I'll abscond with your remains and scatter your body along the highway in 10 different black plastic garbage bags. I'll save your heart and toss it in a trout pond.

__________________________________________________ ____________

My personal preference is to have all the reusable and recyclable stuff be removed and reused. It won't matter to me (what with me being dead and all), but it matters to others who could use that junk, and it doesn't cost me anything to be generous after death, so they can have it all.

Anything left can go back to the ash factory.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'd like a nice mausoleum with gargoyles on the corners and a Lovecraftian quote on the door.

Since I'm probably not going to get what I want, I'll go with a burial somewhere not in a churchyard.

Comment

Honestly?

Cynical moment ahead, but at this stage in my life I don't care all that much so long as some well-meaning relative doesn't dress me like this.
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

As green as possible. Whichever way is the best way to dispose of my remains.

After organ donation if possible.
                            Leah: The Kind Weight Watcher (vegan WW blog)

"Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today, well-lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope." --Sanskrit

Comment

Cremated. 1/3 of my ashes in the bay near where I used to live, 1/3 across the finish line at my favorite racetrack, and 1/3 at whatever is my favorite place at the time I was living when I died.

There probably won't be anyone to carry out these wishes, and it doesn't really matter too much - I'll be wherever I'm going. LOL
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X