Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: star Children

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Pagan/totalist?

star Children

So someone told me that they think that Daniel is a Rainbow child. so i'm researching this.

http://www.starchildren.info/star.html

what do you guys think of these "star children"?
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Re: star Children

I've heard of this before & think it's really neat!

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Jun 2007
    Religion
    Norse Something-or-Other
    Phrase
    Nice is not the same as good.

Is this similar to the indigo child thing? Personally, I don't buy it. I'd use stronger words then that, but I don't want to be rude and rain on your parade if it brings you joy.

Cannibal Rights Activist Ophidia's Avatar
    Aug 2008
    Religion
    Ophidism
    Phrase
    I like Nature, just not on me.

Personally, and not to be insulting, Yukanaoe, I think the whole 'indigo/rainbow/star/glow/moonshine/dreambaby' whatever is a bunch of New Age pablum fed to parents who want to believe that their children are just a little more special & unique than all the other kids out there in the world.

Some of my friends grew up with New Age parenting and turned out to be entitled, self-centered, spoiled brats who fell into drug abuse, self destruction and depression once they hit the 'real world' (of course, so did a lot of my non-New-Age-parented friends... but not all my non-New-Age friends were raised with that weird entitlement issue, especially those whose parents couldn't afford rose quartz night lights and Delta wave baby mobiles). Just because their parents treated them with kid gloves and were extra sensitive to their delicate alien DNA or ascended master past life doesn't mean their high school teachers, college professors, peers and employers are going to do the same. Putting them on shiny crystal pedestals just seems kind of mean in the long run.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Apr 2005
    Religion
    Hedgewitch

Quote Originally Posted by perzephone View Post
    Personally, and not to be insulting, Yukanaoe, I think the whole 'indigo/rainbow/star/glow/moonshine/dreambaby' whatever is a bunch of New Age pablum fed to parents who want to believe that their children are just a little more special & unique than all the other kids out there in the world.
    This, exactly. I'll also take it a step more, that particular site also reads like it's for parents that want to think they're special, too. Chosen to help these special children because they're special and gifted, too. I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it, the whole idea doesn't really make sense to me.
    And I mean, reading the section for the indigo children? Most of the kids I know could pass that test. Same with the rainbow children bit...

Mister Rogers says we're all special, that's good enough for me, don't need to be a cyrstal/rainbow/whatever person to be special.
    Last edited by Gardenia; 28 Jun 2011 at 20:28.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I am not surprised in the least. I can't wait to find out he's the Messiah.
    Satan is my spirit animal

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

To be honest, the second "Indigo" paragraph sounds like most people between about 10-19 who are halfways intellectual. You're always going to go through somewhat of a streak like that. The third paragraph sounds like pretty much everyone in their tweens and teens.

I mean yeah, those are some pretty specific personality types when you read the questions, but there are also more mundane personality tests (meyers briggs, for example) that lead in those directions.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

I'm with Perze and Gardenia in thinking its a bunch of wishful thinking (I have used stronger words upon occasion)...personally I've found it sort of odd and off-putting when that happens. And...it happens, actually quite often since we occasionally go to places where people that believe in those things tend to go (The Heritage has the CSA and best vegetarian cafe in Hampton Roads). Of course, I know my kids can't be star children, because hubby and I would never have been chosen as their parents, so it doesn't matter, lol!

Now...I do think that many children are sensitive, observant, intuitive, giving and creative in ways that most adults have grown out of (and just as often oblivious, insensitive, selfish, etc)...but I don't think that makes them "special", just developmentally different.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

May 2005
    Religion
    Muslim

Quote Originally Posted by yukanaoe View Post
    So someone told me that they think that Daniel is a Rainbow child.
    Maybe they meant he was gay?

You can tell if your baby is gay if he's too feminine. Does he lack facial hair? Is he known to shed a tear now and then? Is his voice soft and not deep and manly?

If the answer to all those questions is yes, then your baby is gay. It's science.
    Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it much discrepancy. [4:82]

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

Heyyyy my brother was really feminine and he's straight!

:P