star Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: star Children

its basically a personality classification just like the different types of horoscopes. it states what people can be capable of. Indigo does describe me pretty well but if i dont apply myself none of the predicted change the world stuff will happen. I think its got some basis on the end of personality types but as for the change the world specialness of people I think thats crap that someone added in there.
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

As a personality type it becomes more interesting. Not something I'd apply to very young children but more interesting nonetheless.

Medusa: 2 of your cat pics shall now be added to my evidence that is Hasbro is trying to corrupt the universe.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

As a personality type thing... it kind of lumps grown-up star/indigo/rainbow/crystal kids in with otherkin.

::steps away from Dufonce::
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Otherkin. That's another one that I get in trouble, remarking on. Same goes with vampyres, demon summoning and a handful of other categories of "New Age" that I just toss into the wastebasket.

Having spent nearly ten years experimenting with a wide range of hallucinogens, I don't want to start pointing fingers at what I'd call delusions of grandeur. I'm not that far removed, myself, from irrational rationale.

Which is another tie-in, for me, to certain young ladies getting extra credit and bonus consideration because it's that time of the month, for them, so their [mis]behavior can be excused. I know, for a fact, that I was irresponsible as hell. Now? It pulls on my short hairs to see that others are willing to enable such irresponsibility. I had to grow up. How come other people don't?

Upon further reflection, however, I suppose it could be said that I'm actually classified under one of these categories of personalities. I'd just be arguing against that until I see the mortician. I'm not special. I'm not anything out of the ordinary. I'm just trying to survive, one day into the next, as best I can. And I will never claim that I, or my kids, their kids, other relatives, friends' kids or in fact anybody at all should be put on a pedestal, glamourized, or told they're something they're not.

As I said, though. I'm cynical. I'd like to say realist but the truth is I skip past a lot of the niceties found in our world, passing them off as flukes and phenomena that aren't the standard. People are just too self-absorbed and too self-righteous, for my tastes. If they're nice? It was an accident.

That, I think, should be my last post, here, in this thread: Though pertinent, the content is likely unwelcome and wholly contemptible. So, do with my 14 cents, as you wish. (Note the inflation rates of two cents' worth?? I rest my case. )

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Irresponsibility and a disorder that causes (or is perhaps caused by?) a hormone imbalance are two completely different things. Is it right to snap at people when hormones are running wild? No, and one should apologize if and when it happens. But it DOES happen and it's not always something that's completely preventable. We're not robots and therefore not capable of being completely controlled all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
              They also allegedly come from different generations (I think the current generation are dubbed "crystal children").
              That site makes it sound like indigo kids where here first ('70s, '80s), then crystals started to show up (mostly in the '90s), and rainbows are mostly (if not all? unclear wording) being born from the early crystal "scouts" that came here in the '80s -- but also that all three types are still being born now, rather than a true generation thing? 'Cause it makes mentions of teens today that can be indigo kids, but kids born even in 1989 wouldn't be teens any longer... (then again, maybe it just never got updated).

But, either way, it wouldn't surprise me if other sites/people were saying different things about who showed up when, because come on, how the heck could you "accurately" measure something like this?
              Last edited by Gardenia; 10 Jul 2011, 08:33.
              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                That site makes it sound like indigo kids where here first ('70s, '80s), then crystals started to show up (mostly in the '90s), and rainbows are mostly (if not all? unclear wording) being born from the early crystal "scouts" that came here in the '80s -- but also that all three types are still being born now, rather than a true generation thing? 'Cause it makes mentions of teens today that can be indigo kids, but kids born even in 1989 wouldn't be teens any longer... (then again, maybe it just never got updated).

But, either way, it wouldn't surprise me if other sites/people were saying different things about who showed up when, because come on, how the heck could you "accurately" measure something like this?
                Yeah, it seems like everyone's saying something different. I just know that's usually the parent of said "star child" who is most likely the one who discovers the child is such. Which kinda goes back to my point of how does one know their star child isn't really a Reptilian?
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

Working...
                X