Vivid dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivid dreams

too vivid....does this happen to anyone else?

Sometimes, I have some pretty intense dreams. Like, they seem real. Most of the time it's kind of cool....it's like having actual experiences and I usually remember those ones pretty clearly (sometimes it's kind of funny because if it's more of an everyday sort of dream it's hard to differentiate between those ones and actual conversations I had because they're pretty similar). But sometimes it's not cool. Every once and a while I have a dream of something I really, really want and it will be almost real, and then I wake up and realize I was just dreaming, and it really gets me down sometimes.

Anyway I don't think it's really fixable, but does anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you get down from it? I seriously just feel so sad and disappointed today and I know I shouldn't get down over a dream but I'm having trouble with that....

Re: Vivid dreams

lol most of my dreams are so vivid i wake up crying sometimes. or when i have my favorite preggo dream i always wake up depressed cause i usually wake up and my hand go straight to my belly to feel the baby... which there always is none LOL
    its prolly advisable to just not think about the dream but i like to hold onto even the bad ones. so i think and think and think about them till they are engraned into my memory. i have some memories that im not quite sure wether they are real or not. lol
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

Yeah probably good advice. The dream was about an experience I never got the chance to have and never will again- puppy love, basically- and I feel a sense of sadness that I'll never have a first love that doesn't have that kind of innocence. At this point everyone has their baggage and has so much more expectation and experience, which is fine, but I wish I got the chance to have a relationships where we were both naive and didn't really know what we were doing. Because by the time I got around to dating, it was just me that was still naive and I got used a lot. So I had this dream where I was still younger and this boy who liked me in school (for real....he did like me but chickened out on pursuing it at the time....he was a friend of mine, and we just recently reconnected) and I actually got it together, and it was very sweet but never happened in real life. But in my dream I didn't know I was dreaming and I was 17 and in love and it felt very real.

Comment

awe thats so sweet. yeah that would be one i'd want to hold onto. the situation may not have been real but your feeling is. and to me.. (my opinion) keeping that feeling would help me get over the fact that i never had that happen in real life..

am i making sense? not sure how to explain it really...
        "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

Yeah makes sense

Comment

cool

yeah i'm going to make the nightmare i had last night into a book

Comment

I have some that are so vivid I have to actually check on things in the morning to see what's real and what's not. I write those down and later try to analyze them. There's always some really important symbolic meaning, although most times I don't grasp it immediately.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yeah I was so emotional after this particular one, and another one once that was similar. I don't know if it's just sadness that it's something I wanted but can't have anymore or what. I'm also in a confusing situation right now with a guy, and I almost feel like that 17 year old girl again, but I know he's not naive at all. I guess maybe I'm a bit worried.

Comment

I have really vivid dreams and sometimes they continue when I wake up, like they are still playing out in my head. My psycologist says it's called lucid dreaming. I can kind of control my dream state, like I can make myself dream if I calm down and kind of do a meditative sort of thing. This means that I'm more conscious of much of my dreaming than a lot of people are.

I keep a dream journal on and off. I usually start up when I'm having particularly vivid dreams cause writing them down makes them less distracting to me. Not all my dreams are good ones, and usually there's nothing realistic attached to them, like nothing that's actually going on in my life, accept sometimes there's TV/video game characters in them.

I was on meds to help me sleep for awhile and it made it so I didn't dream. That bothered me so much I decided to deal with not being able to sleep sometimes rather than not being able to dream.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                  X