Self-Initiation, July 30, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-Initiation, July 30, 2011

So I already feel that I am Pagan in my heart and soul, but I want to dedicate myself to the path. I'm thinking of doing just a simple ritual outside under the New Moon, all by myself. The New Moon is on Saturday. I picked this time because the New Moon symbolizes a fresh start and new beginnings. So...any suggestions on how I should do this? Any do's or don't's? I really want this to be a memorable experience. For reference, I am eclectic at the moment, and I want to honor two pantheons in particular: Norse and Celtic. Why? Because those were the gods of my ancestors, and the ones I'm most drawn to.

Re: Self-Initiation, July 30, 2011

This is just my opinion but I say make it festive. Wear something that makes you feel really good, play some music, light some nice candles, hang shiny baulbes from the trees, whatever is festive to you.

Have something special for your cakes and ale, maybe mead given the pantheons you've chosen. I know you don't have time to brew traditional mead between now and then but you can find a Quick Mead recipe in my Litha Recipes blog.

Are you going to dedicate yourself to a specific God or Goddess? Perhaps an offering of one of thier favorite things would be in order. Invite and leave offerings for the Fae if you work with them.

Just a couple of ideas.
    )O( Blessed Be )O(
    Raven Rin

My Blog
    Raven Rin's Pagan Nest
    The Adventures and Home of a Pagan Mother
    http://ravenrinspagannest.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Treefingers View Post
      So I already feel that I am Pagan in my heart and soul, but I want to dedicate myself to the path. I'm thinking of doing just a simple ritual outside under the New Moon, all by myself. The New Moon is on Saturday. I picked this time because the New Moon symbolizes a fresh start and new beginnings. So...any suggestions on how I should do this? Any do's or don't's? I really want this to be a memorable experience. For reference, I am eclectic at the moment, and I want to honor two pantheons in particular: Norse and Celtic. Why? Because those were the gods of my ancestors, and the ones I'm most drawn to.
      Don't worry about it too much. The gods have a way of calling us when they are good and ready. For a very long time I made great plans for self dedication but something always prevented it.... and then one evening, the call came on a wet and windy winter's night in a wet car park under a full moon. Nothing at all like what I had intended. A couple of hastily scribbled notes (in red biro/ball point pen) and that was it. Sudden, passionate and powerful. I have never forgotten it.

At the moment, according to your posts here so far, you are still feeling your way. That may continue for quite some time yet. So yes, dedicate yourself by all means, but think of it as switching on a radio, letting the gods (whoever they turn out to be) know that you are listening whenever they are ready to broadcast.

Remember that we may not know the gods by name, but they certainly know us by our names.

And best of luck.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

When I did my dedication I had only a small red candle, and a glass bowl. I wrote my dedication on the paper and then burned it in the bowl using the flame of the candle, I hope the ritual is valid. I did it on a sunset, in my room, it was either that or NO dedication for me... Pretty sure its your intentions, and what lies in your heart.

Comment

Working...
        X