Spells to Snag a Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spells to Snag a Job

Both my honey and myself are looking for new jobs. I'm only a couple of weeks from giving birth so I'm really not surprised that I haven't found any prospects. The economy here is beyond depressed and though my honey has a job they've cut everyone's hours beyond belief, which has him out beating the pavement for something else just so we have a hope to make ends meet. He has found two places that are currently hiring, which for here is like an unbelievable gold mine of career opportunities.

I'd like to give him a some magickal support and I have some spells that I've used in the past but given our situation I'd like to find something with some real umph. What's the best/most effective job snagging spell you've ever worked?
    )O( Blessed Be )O(
    Raven Rin

My Blog
    Raven Rin's Pagan Nest
    The Adventures and Home of a Pagan Mother
    http://ravenrinspagannest.blogspot.com/

Re: Spells to Snag a Job

I'm also interested in this. I have just finished the last of my assignments so I'm out looking with my new diploma but nothing I've found is close enough to me
    Which deities do people talk to? What spells do you do?

Comment

Re: Spells to Snag a Job

Hmmmm I'd try a spell to boost confidence over getting a job, because confidence really helps with the process and makes you stand out over other applicants. It could be the oomph you're looking for if you do it alongside the job spells you know! It's high unemployment here and I was looking for work for ages but I got a boost of confidence and I got 2 interviews in one day that resulted in 2 job offers (including one I really wanted and am working there now!)

There's also some mundane stuff you can do. Wear nice clothes to job interviews. You shouldn't wear jeans, even if you're interviewing at a restaurant or clothing store...even if it's not the kind of job that you'd dress up for, it just stands out and shows you're making an effort. Make sure you make eye contact with people you speak to, and stand/sit up straight and have a firm handshake. Smile lots. Follow up on handing out resumes and interviews. If you hand in an application and you don't hear anything, ask about it. If you get an interview, call or email after to say thanks for the interview and also ask a bit later if you don't hear back. If you get a rejection, ask if there was anything that you could work on to make you a more favourable candidate. TRUST me, all these things work. It makes you seem a bit persistent and kind of a pain in the ass, but persistent pains in the asses often get hired. My friend told me this story about this guy they rejected at his office for like a year but he kept trying to apply, and they eventually gave him a shot and said he was one of the best hires they made (and for the record, this friend is American and so are his colleagues!)

Back on the spell side, you could also try a spell to meet new people or draw people to you. A lot of friends got their jobs more through networking than applications and I actually got my current job that way too (I bumped into an acquaintance at a party and he helped me get the job).

As for deities, I'd go for Mercury/Hermes, because he's the messenger and has a lot to do with communication, which is key when looking for jobs.
      Last edited by DanieMarie; 29 Jul 2011, 11:49.

Comment

Working...
      X