Jul 2011
    Pronouns
    male
    Religion
    Solitary Wiccan/Witch
    Phrase
    How Does Kenny Die Today?

Re: Was I brainwashed into a cult?

Thanks for your replies. Its hard to know the truth from the shit on the internet.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

And this is their shabby dedication site http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serp...6/SATANIC.html

Oct 2010
    Pronouns
    Neither
    Religion
    Polytheistic Hedgewitch
    Phrase
    Call me Tay.

Quote Originally Posted by small-fry666 View Post
    Thanks for your replies. Its hard to know the truth from the shit on the internet.
    Don't beat yourself up about it and don't let this give you a bad view on Satanic religions, if you still feel like learning about them. (Also learn about others too. Always a good thing. :P) I do, once again, highly recommend these sites: http://theisticsatanism.com/ and http://www.spiritualsatanist.com/ (Medusa's LaVayen Satanism thread might be a good place to look too... which is over here.)

Cannibal Rights Activist Ophidia's Avatar
    Aug 2008
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Ophidism
    Phrase
    I like Nature, just not on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    BTW, if you try to read this stuff in a dark, ominous voice it's a lot more amusing.
    And add 'in accordance with the prophecy' after every few sentences to lend it credibility.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

I don't think the dedication actually has enough lines for that to work though it would have been funny if it did. As it is you'd get in about twice and it's iffy if it'd work with the phrasing.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Jul 2011
    Pronouns
    male
    Religion
    Solitary Wiccan/Witch
    Phrase

Lightbulb Re: Was I brainwashed into a cult?

Well, I've been doing my research, and i've found my new religion... WICCAN!!!!

After my research, I read about Paganism and Wicca, and tey seemed right for me, after the "Joy Of Satan" experience, I don't want to be a Satanist anymore...
    But, I still like them, now, that the brainwashing is gone, I hate no religion, Jews are pretty cool, I always respected Blacks and I think Hitler was a coward!

But, thanks for all the replies.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I guess it would be funny if the "dedication ritual" worked. There is'nt many lines at all. Plus there was no blood on the paper, however i did leave saliva on it... But its still load of SH!T!!!!

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Dedications have their uses. I'm just not fond of that one. That and certain degrees of pretention tend to attract mockery which I think is part of why Caelia and Perze are making fun of it. I would suggest not making any oaths for a while. Wicca (in many if not most forms) doesn't require any sacred vows of beginners so there's little need to rush.

To steal from a movie,

"You should be slow to give your word and quick to keep it."

There are occasions where forswearing a pledge is appropriate but it's much better not to give them out casually than it is to break them lightly.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Jun 2005
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Kemetic
    Phrase
    Ferocious as a furby

Most of mine comes from knowing the origin of that "dedication ritual". It came from various Witch Trials (maybe even the Maleus Maleficarum) where people were tortured into saying that's how they dedicated themselves to Satan. Yeah, doesn't hold a lot of water for someone like me.

Though I may take Perze's advice in adding "in accordance with the prophecy" as I read stuff in my dark, ominous voice. Especially recipes like this yummy apple fritter recipe I found from a restaurant I used to love as a child.

"Stephenson's Apple Farm Apple Fritters recipe...in accordance with the prophecy!"
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Jul 2011
    Pronouns
    male
    Religion
    Solitary Wiccan/Witch
    Phrase

How do you "Undedicate" or Reverse the Satanic Dedication ritual. I still respect Satan, but I do not feel Satanism is right for me.

Could anyone show me a good site for undedication. I've looked ALL over google.

Many Thanks.

Jun 2005
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Kemetic
    Phrase
    Ferocious as a furby

The way I see it, there's no reason to make it a ritual. I guess if you must you could create a contract like the dedication one and just write an addendum saying how the previous contract is null and void.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Jul 2011
    Pronouns
    male
    Religion
    Solitary Wiccan/Witch
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    The way I see it, there's no reason to make it a ritual. I guess if you must you could create a contract like the dedication one and just write an addendum saying how the previous contract is null and void.

EXELENT IDEA!!! Why did I not think of that. THANK YOU!!!

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Ok, so I did the same thing as the dedication ritual but I said that it was now void and null. I hope it worked! I think it did, I did not feel good afterwards...