No announcement yet.

The beggining of the end of the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The beggining of the end of the world?

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    What ultimately happens after death is ultimately unknowable...reincarnation, an afterlife, nothing, etc. IF there *is* reincarnation, it still doesn't make some future self *me* to even be worried about.
    Good point! But, what about the people then, they'll burn to death, if the sun explodes or somthing! We can't just think about ourselves. Anyway, we all have our beliefs, I do respect whatever yours is, and same with others. But, you are right, after death is unknown, but I guess we will know one day, hopefully not anytime soon! But, what about the people who say they can talk to the dead. But, most is hocus pocus crap, but don't say that it is impossible...

Comment

Originally posted by small-fry666 View Post
      Good point! But, what about the people then, they'll burn to death, if the sun explodes or somthing!
      Given the temperatures that we suspect when a star goes red giant nothing would burn for long.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

If the world ends, it ends. All I can really hope for is that it will be as quick and painless as possible for those people that are alive to experience it. There isn't a damn thing I can do to stop the sun from burning out or an asteroid from crashing into us. "What if" inf myself into a worry wart wont help anyone.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Bah, if the world ends then I want it to be managed with a truly spectacular special effects budget. If it goes out with a whimper then I will be very disappointed.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper Raven View Post
            If the world ends, it ends. All I can really hope for is that it will be as quick and painless as possible for those people that are alive to experience it. There isn't a damn thing I can do to stop the sun from burning out or an asteroid from crashing into us. "What if" inf myself into a worry wart wont help anyone.
            I agree, painless as possible...

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            Bah, if the world ends then I want it to be managed with a truly spectacular special effects budget. If it goes out with a whimper then I will be very disappointed.
            At the rate deforrestation is going, we might suffocate to death.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
            LOL that's kind of cute :P

I read it in a book too when I was a kid, but it said billions of years and I couldn't even fathom 100 years at that point so I figured I was ok. It was about the age where I thought 16 was really old though haha.

============================

I have trouble even believing in my own mortality at this point in my life. 27 is a weird time to start to feel immortal, and it's not like I'm less careful (I'm definitely more careful than when I was younger), but I've seriously almost died so many times that though I'm pretty terrified of death still, I just don't think it's happening for quite a while yet. So in line with that the end of the world seems like a totally alien concept to me.
            I remember 1 time, i slipped over in front of a car, when it stopped, my head was less than 1 meter away from the wheel. My head almost went under!

How unlucky, slipping over in front of a car... Another time when i was thrown off a pile of woodchips onto hard ground, I has taken to hospital in an ambo. Apparently, i'm lucky i didn't break my neck... Just brused ligaments around my spine. I recovered shortly after. The ambulace bill was about $800 Australian dollars, My first ambulance ride, hopefully the last! Too expensive...
            Last edited by small-fry666; 02 Aug 2011, 12:37.

Comment

At the rate deforrestation is going, we might suffocate to death.
              Actually, a simple search on google will tell you that a significant supply of the earth's oxygen doesn't come from Trees but from plants on/near the ocean's surface. Earth didn't always have trees. Something had to have made oxygen before the trees. :P
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              Sneak Attack

Comment

I suppose your right, but what cleans it???

Comment

What exactly do you want this topic to be about? There is already a topic about deforestation / clean air and in your OP you mentioned christian groups. So give us a more narrow direction of what you want to accomplish with this specific topic. Otherwise im going to file it away as troll material.
                  Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper Raven View Post
                    What exactly do you want this topic to be about? There is already a topic about deforestation / clean air and in your OP you mentioned christian groups. So give us a more narrow direction of what you want to accomplish with this specific topic. Otherwise im going to file it away as troll material.
                    Just bringing up the happenings around me.

Comment

That doesn't actually answer my question, though.
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

That doesn't actually answer my question, though.
                        Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                        X