Thread: Love Spells

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Re: Love Spells

[quote author=oldeone link=topic=42.msg20280#msg20280 date=1291666797]
    I'm no Wiccan, but I thought love spells violated the Rede, by influencing another's free will.[/quote]

Not everyone follows the Rede. Also, not all love spells attempt to influence free will.

For matters, such as love spells, I tend to frown on their usage. Isn't it better to simply put in the real effort for the relationship? What would you say if your loved one confessed, years later, that he or she cast spells on you to alter your judgment in their favour?
    Speaking from experience, a love spell done with one's partner is putting real effort into the relationship...and I doubt he's ever going to complain about that one...
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

Some peopel find love spells immoral I am not one of them. Give me abit to get my B.o.S. does anyone he a reverse love spell? Like to get rid of a lover, for people who are too chickin to do it the mundane way?
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

May 2006
    Religion
    Atheist

[quote author=oldeone link=topic=42.msg20280#msg20280 date=1291666797]
    I'm no Wiccan, but I thought love spells violated the Rede, by influencing another's free will.

For matters, such as love spells, I tend to frown on their usage. Isn't it better to simply put in the real effort for the relationship? What would you say if your loved one confessed, years later, that he or she cast spells on you to alter your judgment in their favour?
    [/quote]

I am still no Wiccan, but I was a practising student of Wicca for a while and as far as my studies led me to believe love spells were only frowned upon when they were aimed at a certain person and so influenced a certain persons willpower. Often (like what I would have used a love spell for) they are used to call upon love that you have yet to find, or to feed the love you already have and keep it strong.

There is nothing in the rede against that. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

One with the Force ChainLightning's Avatar
    Nov 2005
    Religion
    Polytheist with Pan-/Panen- tendencies.
    Phrase
    In the darkest recesses of your twisted mind, a G-rated version of me resides.

Define: love spell.

For many, the concept very closely resembles a sort of emotional rape. For others, it's nothing more than a self-enhancement. If it's okay to put on after-shave and perfume, makeup or nice clothes... even take a shower - what's wrong with a love spell? Unless the love spell is trying to control another's will, enslaving them, so to speak, where's the problem? It's all about SELF, not others, anyway.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Oct 2004
    Religion
    olde pharte

FW ... Stick a pair of his tighty whities under your mattress ... Also communicate with him as much as possible ... Send him pics of you doing mundane everyday things like the dishes or cooking ...

The little things count so much ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

May 2006
    Religion
    Atheist

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=42.msg20357#msg20357 date=1291689726]
    FW ... Stick a pair of his tighty whities under your mattress ... Also communicate with him as much as possible ... Send him pics of you doing mundane everyday things like the dishes or cooking ...

The little things count so much ...
    [/quote]

I do most of them already
    And he is already under my little spell. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan
    Phrase
    That was fun. Lets never do that again.

A good incense for Love and attraction (courtesy of my lovely mum) is White Musk/Ice Musk, depends what it's being sold as, Rose, Sage and sometimes Dragon's Blood. Dragon's Blood is especially effective if the person your trying to attract belongs to the fire element (Consult the zodiac) And crystal wise, Rose Quartz, Amethyst and Some forms of Agate (apparently). Hope this helps
    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=42.msg20437#msg20437 date=1291721060]
    I do most of them already
    And he is already under my little spell. X
    [/quote]

let me guess...

...did he get you a dictionary before he left?

:P
    ;D
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

May 2006
    Religion
    Atheist

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=42.msg20475#msg20475 date=1291724932]
    let me guess...

...did he get you a dictionary before he left?

:P
    ;D
    [/quote]

Oh you shhh :P

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=42.msg20300#msg20300 date=1291672187]
    Define: love spell.

For many, the concept very closely resembles a sort of emotional rape. For others, it's nothing more than a self-enhancement. If it's okay to put on after-shave and perfume, makeup or nice clothes... even take a shower - what's wrong with a love spell? Unless the love spell is trying to control another's will, enslaving them, so to speak, where's the problem? It's all about SELF, not others, anyway.
    [/quote]

That's a very good point. Thank you.

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=42.msg20286#msg20286 date=1291668463]
    Some peopel find love spells immoral I am not one of them. Give me abit to get my B.o.S. does anyone he a reverse love spell? Like to get rid of a lover, for people who are too chickin to do it the mundane way?
    [/quote]

Rub a good German cheese under your armpits, eat onions and kippered herring, smoke a cigar, and don't brush your teeth. No, I don't have anything against Germans or their cheese.. it's just that one of the most pungent varieties of cheese I've ever tried just happened to be German.

Your brain is a part of reality, and, as such, is privy to its darkest secrets.