X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Love Spells

i think another useful way of looking at it is
    ''what would he/she think if he* found out that id done a spell to attract/encourage/force his* love?''
    if the response is likely to be negative then you are probably doin the spell with more selfish intent than a harm none approach.

thats not to say doing meditation or spellwork to do something like 'encourage love into your life' is a bad thing, in some ways doing that kind of ritual is no differant than putting on those heels or that lipstick when you go out, its part of preparing yourself for finding a mate and if its after a breakup or when you start feeling ready to settle down it can be a healthy way to focus on finding confidence and thinking about what you really want from love.

(sorry about the long awkward sentance, i hope my point makes sense)

Comment

All right. I am interested in a very simple "love" spell. There is no one in mind that I am trying to attract, I do not know anyone currently with whom I want a romantic relationship. I have not spent too much time in prayer with the Great Spirit on this topic and will before I attempt any such powerful spell/potion/etc.

I am interested in what exactly I should use. My intent is to draw/find someone whom I COULD be interested in romantically. 4 years of loneliness seems like enough time to be patient, so now I'm starting to think perhaps I should take a more active role if it's something that I am interested in pursuing.

As far as my life, I am well supported and well loved by family and friends, am very stable, and am on the right path towards my career as well as my emotional and physical growth. I am getting more into my spirituality (since it seems to come in cycles for me), and realize that I have a lot of love to give and have no one to give it to (that I'm not already loving in some OTHER way). I am not lonely. I am not desperate. I am simply curious as to a few things that, hopefully, some of you here could help highlight for me.

1. Given the information above, what kinds of things should I use in this spell? I'm not trying to draw my dream man, or pick and choose his characteristics in any way. I just want to send out a beacon to find him.

2. I do NOT want it to be sexualized energy, though I have a fairly deep sexuality, so I'd like some tips as to how to keep from attracting a sex-hound. If I find out LATER he's a sex-machine, then fine, but sex is not in my intent. I can find plenty of that.
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Well...first, I'd make a list of what I wanted in a person (kindness, sense of humor, good with kids, whatever), and what you *don't* want (absolute deal-breakers--alcoholism, etc)...then, I'd work out what correspondences represented they *type* of relationship I wanted (like, what aspects of a relationship you want to find with that person--friendship, good communication, hot sex, or whatnot)...or you could do it the other way around--a piece of verse that summarizes the ideal relationship and correspondences for what you are looking for... And then I'd do some sort of ritual and energy work, putting them into an item of preference (a jar, box, bag/sachet), along with some inner work of opening oneself up to finding potential partners and recognizing possible barriers (if any) to starting a new relationship.

...and then I'd start going out and having fun without the intent of trying to find someone!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

See, I was kind of trying to steer clear of dreaming up characteristics of the person I want to meet. I don't KNOW what is best for me so I'm willing to leave that up to The Great Spirit.

The TYPE of relationship is good advice.

When you say "inner work of opening myself up," I'm a bit confused. Could you please clarify? Meditation and I aren't familiar friends and I can think of no other examples.

Comment

You say you want to send out a beacon to draw potential suitors to you. I would probably stick to simple candle magic that does just that, as well as create an oil or infusion to wear that would exude my positive traits while out and about. Since you're not looking for a highly sexual connection at the moment I would steer clear of red candles and go for pink. You could use just one pink candle or you could use multiple candles - white for fidelity, yellow for an intellectual connection, brown for stability, etc. Naturally you can carve and anoint or dress the candles as you see fit. The sigil of Venus and your own name would be good, as would lavender oil, powdered passion flower, and magnetic sand. You could also drill a hole in the bottom of your candle(s) and insert lodestones.

As far as botanicals go, I would stick with lavender and passion flower. Both can be used for love, but it's a more gentle, friendly love, as opposed to jasmine which is more about "true" love or cardamom which sends out more of that va-va-va-voom vibe. Plain lavender flowers burned on charcoal smell really good.

Other good items to have in your working area would be an open book to represent honesty, a chalice or some other cup for sharing, and a pen and a piece of paper for communication and expression, and a bowl of honey for a sweet disposition.

If I were to wear an oil for this purpose, I would use lavender, rose, and vanilla.

Hope this helps.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
              See, I was kind of trying to steer clear of dreaming up characteristics of the person I want to meet. I don't KNOW what is best for me so I'm willing to leave that up to The Great Spirit.
              I'm not saying every detail, or even anything too specific...but there are undoubtedly one or two traits that would make it easier (or harder) to have a successful relationship with someone... Perhaps its a compatible sense of humor, confidence not arrogance, likes the outdoors, considers health and fitness important, etc...it depends on the person for what is important to them.

When you say "inner work of opening myself up," I'm a bit confused. Could you please clarify? Meditation and I aren't familiar friends and I can think of no other examples.
              I mean like...taking an honest look at what's in your head, at you do, who you are, how you carry yourself, etc...and then evaluating how that might be helping you or holding your back and identifying what you might need to do about it. For example, I have a friend that has been lamenting her lack of ability to have a serious relationship for a while now...she's hot, she's funny, she's smart, she has good fashion sense, she can cook (like awesomely), she has a good job, she's social, etc...problem is, she (not so) secretly thinks every guy has an ulterior motive (from a couple of prior bad experiences) and she puts off a bit of a "I've got your number" air that is probably off-putting.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                Well...first, I'd make a list of what I wanted in a person (kindness, sense of humor, good with kids, whatever), and what you *don't* want (absolute deal-breakers--alcoholism, etc)...then, I'd work out what correspondences represented they *type* of relationship I wanted (like, what aspects of a relationship you want to find with that person--friendship, good communication, hot sex, or whatnot)...or you could do it the other way around--a piece of verse that summarizes the ideal relationship and correspondences for what you are looking for... And then I'd do some sort of ritual and energy work, putting them into an item of preference (a jar, box, bag/sachet), along with some inner work of opening oneself up to finding potential partners and recognizing possible barriers (if any) to starting a new relationship.

...and then I'd start going out and having fun without the intent of trying to find someone!
                This is what I did more or less....I wrote out the list and included some correspondences and scrolled it up.

It worked It's been a bit rocky but he's in my life!

Comment

every one has different understanding !

Comment

I think I am going to try something with a combination of ideas from posts #3, 4, and 5. I like almost everything about post #3, except I am going to try it by using qualities that the other person might have. I liked the suggestion of using cinnamon for passion in post #4, so this will be added to a velvet bag, and post #5 suggests burning a red candle...I will burn the red candle while writing and putting the items into the bag, then blow out the candle before sealing the bag and placing it into the pocket.

Comment

From the "Spellbook" section of my Book of Shadows:

Soul mate finding spell

This spell pulls towards you someone that can unconditionally love you. This spell only makes you both have one, many, or regular encounters. It does not, by any means, make the person fall in love with you; as the person encountered is most likely a soul mate, this should happen fairly easily.

You will need:
                      - Basil leaves, 1 or 2 should do.
                      - An emerald or a pink quartz.
                      - A mortar and pestle.

You can also use:
                      - A red rose petal.
                      - White, pink and red candles.

Neptune rules over Pisces and it's principle is unconditional love. I don't know much about astrology. If you do, you might be able to use this to your favour, let's say, by timing your spell. Also, waxing and full moon are best for love spells in general.

If you know any deities that can help you with love stuff, you may be able to ask for their help.

Pre-ritual preparation:

Put the basil leaves in the mortar and smash it thoroughly using the pestle, until obtaining a paste. Adding a red rose petal to the mix may cause a romantic atmosphere during the encounter(s), enhancing the chances of romantic connection or attraction.

Casting:With this key I open my mind
                      So I have a higher chance to find
                      Someone that fits me like a glove
                      Somebody who for me will feel love.

This chant is silly. You can change the chant as you see fit. It all depends on your will, and what you want to achieve with this spell.

You can end the ritual now, or meditate for a while, trying to find a balance between what you want and what you need.

Post-ritual advice:

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Hi Guys.Pretty great tips.This should be done in a good and responsible practice.But to make this more real, who can give a testimonials that the spells is really effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizards View Post
                          Hi Guys.Pretty great tips.This should be done in a good and responsible practice.But to make this more real, who can give a testimonials that the spells is really effective.
                          Testimonials? You could give four different people the same ritual, ingredients, time, and prayer and get four completely different spell outcomes. Intent, willpower, forces already at work... there are many variables that can factor into whether or not a spell is considered successful. Try things for yourself and put effort into it and you will get your answer.

Comment

Sounds Great.

Comment

I have a spell to contribute, if anyone doesn't mind. I came across it in a magazine ages ago, and trust me, it works!

Red Lips Love Spell
                              • small mirror
                              • red lipstick
                              • your favorite perfume
                              • a piece of paper
                              • a pen with red ink
                              • an envelope
                              • red or pink flower petals

Cast the spell on a Friday night, preferably during the waxing moon. Take the sheet of paper and pen, and write down the qualities you'd like in a boyfriend, like blue eyes or a great smile. After you make your list, sign your name and spray the paper with perfume. Apply red lipstick and give the paper a big fat smooch to seal your wish with a kiss. Fold the paper and place it in the envelope. With the flower petals in your hand, picture yourself happy and in love. Drop the petals in the envelope and seal it. To set the spell in motion, place the envelope by your bed or hide it in a drawer.

~ Tiger Rainstorm

Comment

Do any of these really work? I'm just wondering. I'm a guy by the way

Comment

Working...
                                X