Werewolves, Were They Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Werewolves, Were They Real?

This may sound a bit dumb, but did Werewolves ever exist at all. It IS all through history, I HIGHLY doubt the existance of them now, but did they ever roam the Earth?

Think about what Fonzie would say... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYY!!! :B)::B)::B)::B):::::

Re: Werewolves, Were They Real?

Please, small-fry, if you intend asking a sensible question, leave the bloody Fonz out of it
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Sorry, I love Happy Days!!!

Comment

Hi there, small-fry.

I think it would depend. To quote Haruki Murakami, "Fact may not be truth, and truth may not be factual."

Myths involving people who could change their form, particularly into strong animals such as wolves, exist all over the globe and are often ancient. There have been a number of very compelling explanations. For one, modern serial killers often practice similar behavior to that described by werewolves (cycles of attack and then peace, barbaric "un-human" treatment of the victims, etc), and so there's a possibility that werewolf stories began as an explanation for groups of killings that seemed intelligent, but too brutal to be human.

There are also conditions such as Porphyria, Hypertrichosis, and rabiesSt. Vitus' Dance (a terrible manifestation of the immense stress of the plague years in Europe), who are we to say that there weren't people who honestly believed themselves to be werewolves, and acted accordingly?
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I wonder why it's easier for people to believe that fantastical creatures USED to exist but no longer do? I'm not arguing for the existence of werewolves, vampires, fairies, etc., mind you. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
            I wonder why it's easier for people to believe that fantastical creatures USED to exist but no longer do? I'm not arguing for the existence of werewolves, vampires, fairies, etc., mind you. Just a thought.
            Good question, I am asking why they USED to exist, because i feel that they no longer do, no suspiciousnsavage attacks on the news yet, but, i'll keep my eyes open.

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
            Hi there, small-fry.

I think it would depend. To quote Haruki Murakami, "Fact may not be truth, and truth may not be factual."

Myths involving people who could change their form, particularly into strong animals such as wolves, exist all over the globe and are often ancient. There have been a number of very compelling explanations. For one, modern serial killers often practice similar behavior to that described by werewolves (cycles of attack and then peace, barbaric "un-human" treatment of the victims, etc), and so there's a possibility that werewolf stories began as an explanation for groups of killings that seemed intelligent, but too brutal to be human.

There are also conditions such as Porphyria, Hypertrichosis, and rabiesSt. Vitus' Dance (a terrible manifestation of the immense stress of the plague years in Europe), who are we to say that there weren't people who honestly believed themselves to be werewolves, and acted accordingly?
            Thank you, this question is simply out of curiosity. But i appreciate all comments and thoughts.

Comment

In Wales we actually have vampire furniture that will attack the unwary.

Also I have strong suspicions that werewolves are still around - of course first you would need to define a werewolf, because it manifests differently in different times and cultures. But one of my granddaughters was always convinced a colleague of hers was a werewolf.

Comment

Originally posted by small-fry666 View Post
                Thank you, this question is simply out of curiosity. But i appreciate all comments and thoughts.
                You're welcome.

I did answer your question, if you noticed. I didn't spell it out, though...I apologize if I should have been more obvious, as you seem to have discounted my answer. The answer is yes, werewolves exist...just not in the way we might assume.
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                  In Wales we actually have vampire furniture that will attack the unwary.

Also I have strong suspicions that werewolves are still around - of course first you would need to define a werewolf, because it manifests differently in different times and cultures. But one of my granddaughters was always convinced a colleague of hers was a werewolf.
                  Good point, probably not the hollywood hocus-pocus, but, something like that.

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                  You're welcome.

I did answer your question, if you noticed. I didn't spell it out, though...I apologize if I should have been more obvious, as you seem to have discounted my answer. The answer is yes, werewolves exist...just not in the way we might assume.
                  Thats another good one. You seem so certain, I used to doubt their existance, until now. I guess it does make sense. Again, probably not the hollywood hocus-pocus.

Comment

Originally posted by small-fry666 View Post
                    Good point, probably not the hollywood hocus-pocus, but, something like that.

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Not at all like Hollywood, I'm afraid. We Welsh tend to go out on a limb with many things. Even our werewolves tend to be rather different from the mainstream!

Comment

Yeah, that hollywood movie werewolf is a bit far fetched. A werewolf could like like anything, or be almost anyone. Many werewolf beleifs are different, I don not think it would be wise to LOOK for one, you will probably give up empty handed after a while. I guess they probably still might exist, but extremly hard to find one! But, if you have proof or any more theories, I would like to hear them.

Comment

I say that they don't exist until you show me a person that exhibits features that prove that they are a werewolf. Then, they might exist.
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

When I said ritual, I meant a ritual to Enki or somthing.

Comment

I don't think any of the Other Creatures existed on the physical plane but live on the other planes which is why there are so many tales, stories, legends, sightings etc.. all across the world.

Comment

I have a book recommendation for you if you're interested Small-fry, Lord Loss by Darren Shan, It's not all fiction, but it's not all fact either, strikes up some good questions too, and it comes across as a book you might like Oh and yeah it is mostly werewolf based, Just give it a chance, It's a bit of a slow starter
                              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X