This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being Passed to Another Deity for Teaching

This thread is pure, unadulterated UPG, so please insert all appropriate disclaimers right here at the start...yes, it could be all in my head (and I'm ok with that), if gods are symbolic then it's a bit like talking to the Easter Bunny, possibly due to sleep deprivation, etc, etc....

Anyway, I had a very strange day yesterday. The night before last I woke up probably every hour. Very strange dreams, that included a very tall, strong woman who turned into a wolf, Frey, and oddly enough, our lovely Tylluan (who tried to lead me somewhere, and I lost her after we went over a cowpath bridge).

Yesterday morning, I meditated and asked what was up. Gerda "told me" that as Frey quieted down for the winter, she was passing me to some of her kinfolk to learn how to handle my anger issues. I was then introduced to this other goddess, the one from my dream.

Has anyone else had something similar happen? Being sent to someone else for teaching?
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Re: Being Passed to Another Deity for Teaching

Doesn't happen to me. Then again I don't generally get into divine revelations outside one specific dream (think it was a dream since the actual text doesn't exist far as I know) but it does remind me of a statement made in this thread.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I think it makes complete sense and is very possible. I have three Goddesses, each serving a different purpose. The third was brought to me by the 1st for help in specific areas. Also, she came to me through my dreams.

Comment

I think it seems to be a pretty common theme Des, I've seen people allude to it (or flat out put it out there) pre-crash and in blogs and personal discussion. I've not had the experience, but I've had other sorts of "pointing to other directions" to have new experiences, etc...and even if it is all in the mind, I still learned something...which (IMO) is the point, yeah?
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I can't say as it's happened to me, yet, but it makes perfect sense. It's a common idea that gods choose us - not the other way around - according to our needs. I say go with it.

To quote the great Albus Dumbledore, "Of course it's happening in your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?"
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Wow., Des, you dreamed about me? And this is a fascinating thread because yes, I do have some experience of people being 'passed along.' I suspect it probably happens more than we realise. My first experience was with a family member, a young girl, who became very ill in her teens. Yet it seemed as though someone was helping her, reaching out to her, and that someone we eventually identified as ISis. She took over the mothering of this child, right through her teens and into her early twenties, and during that time she began to get a bit better healthwise. After that, the girl (now a young woman) mentioned feeling that Isis was stepping back now, and that Artemis was stepping forward. This was a bit strange, considering the two were from quite different pantheons, one Greek, the other Egyptian, but so many things cropped up that were hard to explain otherwise (including a sudden interest in archery!) And finally, just as the young woman was about to marry, Freya, from yet another pantheon stepped forward. It was a smooth passing from one to another, and yet each period was quite distinct and identifiable.

I'm not sure why it happens, or how, but I'm convinced it does. I don't know why the different pantheons are involved, unless perhaps it's because the deities from each are easily identifiable and so become a sort of shorthand - which wouldn't be possible within a single pantheon unless you had extensive knowledge of it.

As for the wolf, this can often signify the soul's journey at least within the anglo saxon tradition.
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Thanks guys, for your perspectives!

I was thinking about that earlier, Thal...about how we've had similar threads back in the day. I feel a bit sheepish saying this, but back then I honestly came at it from a perspective of 1) Heavenly Father is the only god and therefore, 2) anyone experiencing a different deity is misguided, just can't accept him due to personal circumstances, or is just saying so for attention. I suppose I get to pay for my hubris now, because I didn't pay attention to these sorts of posts because of that, and even when I did, my heart was closed. I'm sorry about that...it's honestly pretty hard to admit.

That's fascinating, Tylluan! This isn't quite another pantheon...well, yes and no. Since she's Gerda's kin, she isn't Aesir or Vanir...she's Jotun. I am fully aware that dealing with them is a big no-no for most heathens. About on par with dealing with Loki. If working with her will help me with the intense anger and anxiety issues that kept me housebound earlier this year, though...well, I believe her. I didn't know that wolves could mean that...thanks for sharing that.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
              X