X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King

Coming Soon:

Turner Classic Movies Presents "The Horrors of Stephen King"

As part of its "Night at the Movies" series, Turner Classic Movies will air a new documentary featuring Stephen discussing films that have influenced his creativity the most. Titled "The Horrors of Stephen King," the DreamWorks Television production will premier on October 3rd at 8pm. Topics will include everything from the staple vampire and zombie films of yesteryear to progressive stories of horror, demons and ghosts.

Films to be discussed will include Freaks, Cat People, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Night of the Living Dead, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Jaws, Halloween and The Changeling to name a few.

More information regarding this documentary will be posted to StephenKing.com in the future.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: Stephen King

Ooooh, goody!

Thanks - I'm not much of a tv watcher, so I miss a lot of commercials & announcements for the rare decent programming that crops up.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I don't think I get Turner Classic Movies, do you know if it will be available to watch online anywhere? I am a massive fan of Stephen King (and horror movies) so would really like to see this.
      http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I don't know yet where else it will be viewable. Hopefully somewhere! He also has an e-book coming soon:
        "Mile 81 is the chilling new eBook coming September 1st 2011. With the heart of Stand By Me and the genius horror of Christine, Mile 81 is Stephen unleashing his imagination as he drives past one of those road signs."
        and in Nov. his book about the JFK assassination comes out.

Check his site, www.stephenking.com You can sign up there for email updates, etc.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          Check his site, www.stephenking.com You can sign up there for email updates, etc.
          Thanks for the link, am heading off there now.
          http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I saw an e-book of his called "Ur", which I must have missed in the past. Downloaded it and just read it in one sitting. Highly recommend!!! It's about this guy who is old-school (like me) and doesn't want to read e-books, but then he buys a Kindle, and the one he gets is....different. LOL

Also there's a book called "The Colorado Kid" which apparently was only released with autographs, etc., and costs hundreds of dollars! Much as I'd like to have the Maine Man's siggy, I'll order the e-version of that one.
            sigpic

Comment

TV alert..... "Bag Of Bones" miniseries on the A&E channel - tonight (Sunday) and tomorrow.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm... a huge Stephen King fan. Thanks for starting this thread. I will have to check out Bag of Bones, it look's though it might be a good watch. I'm a huge fan of the Dark Tower Series, Was hoping the books could be made for the big screen but only time can tell.

Comment

Working...
                X