X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Manchester (Long Intro)

Hi there,

I'm new here. My names Rick.

A little about me, I'm from Manchester was brought up as a Christian but wasn't forced to follow Christianity by any means I chose and did follow the Christian faith for many years. After poor treatment by church members supposedly loving compassionate people I left the church. During the past couple of years out from the church I've explored Christianity further and asked many, many questions about the religion and concluded that a lot doesn't add up.

On my personal studies of religion and faith through the years I came to decide that the common saying:

"Every path leads to God" is the most accurate saying ever!

If there is a God/dess then s/he would never make mistakes we're all unique we're all special and I don't believe we can be created with the divine ultimately knowing our end path would be hell something doesn't ring right there.

Why I chose a Pagan/Wiccan path to follow?

Well the faith has been around for such a long time I love the diversity of it and how it brings you into one with nature. I actually study Elemental Witchcraft because for me I can't be sure or put faith in certain Gods or Goddess' so my personal beliefs is that there is a divine either genderless or a male and female God but I can't be sure of who they are without any doubt. So I decided worshipping nature, the elements, earth, seasons etc all the things the divine gave to us would be better for me at least that way I can come to my alter and to worship with a sincere heart.

Anyway personal details about me, I'm 21 years young I have a son and a daughter and I'm studying Social Sciences and wish to pursue a career in Politics some day. I'm passionate about making change in the world and making an impact as I believe were put on Earth for a reason and want to make the most of my life.

I've really babbled on now anyway and would be hugely surprised if anyone actually bothers to read all this.

But thanks if you have for taking the time.

Blessed Be

Rick

Re: Howdy from Manchester (Long Intro)

Welcome to the forum x
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Lol, that wasn't too long at all (especially since you spaced it up well...usually its the wall of text that doesn't get read)!

Welcome to PF!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to PF. You'll find a diverse group of great people here, hope you found a home here also.
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Hey and welcome!

That was a very enjoyable read, actually...I'll be sure and remember who you are around the board, now
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Hi and welcome!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Hi and welcome to PF
              http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you so far for all the lovely warm welcomes to the forum

Comment

Working...
                X