Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

Mar 2006
    Religion
    In transition -- Seriously looking into Shamanism

Re: The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

My good news is that despite all the bad, the good stuff is starting to fall into place and everything is starting to make a bit more sense. Certainly took it long enough, but it is, so I feel like I'm a lot better off than I have been in a long while, even on my bad days.
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Aug 2013
    Religion
    Draconic Pagan
    Phrase
    She always returns...

The fact (or at least in my belief) that the Universe is not like high school. It's not gonna give you five hundred things to master and then expect them to be mastered by your next birthday. You get there when you get there. And I love that.

Sep 2013
    Religion
    Dievturība
    Phrase
    I live in the light and play in the dark.
    I love hearing about good news from others... that's my good news
    My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Hellenismos, Wicca, Satanism

I love the fact that after I decided to follow a pagan path, I feel freer and more clear headed about spirituality.
    You (Pagan Forum people) are a part of the good news for me. I used to be a part of a Christian Forum. They were always so judgmental and hateful. You have always made me feel welcome and you've never been judgmental and let me figure things out for myself. Thank you.
    I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Rinzai Zen Buddhist Eclectic Wiccan
    Phrase
    All we are is Now. Everything else has past or is not yet Now.

Seek Enlightenment. Evolve. Achieve Perfect Self-Liberation. Always be enveloped with compassion.
    Most importantly, Smile.

Nov 2013
    Religion
    Spiritual Satanist
    Phrase
    Ah, but will it blend?

You have almost complete control over how you feel, and, with practice, the energy around you. How cool is that?

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Hellenic Polytheist

My good news, as a nature-worshipper, is that my ability to appreciate the Universe had deepened greatly, and I've learned that the gods I perceive don't actually need or require worship or dedication, but rather first and foremost, they simply deserve reverence. There's so many people that go about this world and don't seem to truly realize what the Universe is and how important it is to live in the here and now and appreciate every second of it. It's fine to worship and believe in a supernatural deity, but once I noticed that, hey, the natural gods around me are right here before me, and the awe overtakes me.

I feel free with my religion. I don't believe in sin, or objective morality, I believe in our human-nature. I listen to my instincts, I listen to my gut feelings, and I do not demonize any emotion I feel, as it's all a part of the human experience and should be experienced. And my patron goddess The Huntress seems to encourage listening to your instincts. I form my own morality that I can stand by, because I listen to myself rather than obeying what other people tell me I should feel. So, a big part of my good news is freedom, and also, the fact that I can formulate my own beliefs. I don't try to enter into a pre-existing religion written by other people, I believe what I feel is true.

I don't know if there is an afterlife, I tend to believe not. But the good news, in my religion, is that our body will live on regardless if whether or not our consciousness moves on somewhere else. Our body will feed into the Earth Goddess and help give rise to new life. Which I believe is a beautiful thing.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Militant Atheist. The Satanic Temple.

I've worked 3-11:30pm for over a year now. Within the last few months I've been cross-training in another department so that I can help out my shift more when they all go home. Naturally, while I'm there I hear gossip and learn more than just about how to make screens. They've all been complaining lately about my friend there who has been coming in late, no call no shows, the works. Yesterday, he had another no call no show, and my other friend came and told me that management offered her his job and she didn't take it. I went in and told them that I would do it at those same hours and they gave it to me right away!

Starting 2 weeks from now I will work 10-6:30pm. <3 My hard work is paying off.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Banned!
    Nov 2013
    Religion
    I just believe
    Phrase
    Last of the last.. shot..

The good news is we are not in control. Thankee!

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Militant Atheist. The Satanic Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    I've worked 3-11:30pm for over a year now. Within the last few months I've been cross-training in another department so that I can help out my shift more when they all go home. Naturally, while I'm there I hear gossip and learn more than just about how to make screens. They've all been complaining lately about my friend there who has been coming in late, no call no shows, the works. Yesterday, he had another no call no show, and my other friend came and told me that management offered her his job and she didn't take it. I went in and told them that I would do it at those same hours and they gave it to me right away!

Starting 2 weeks from now I will work 10-6:30pm. <3 My hard work is paying off.
    Yeah, scratch that. It's no longer happening that way, though I do get to work in that department. Just on second shift. -sigh-

Ok, BUT the good news is that I still get to work in that department right away and learn at my own pace and just rock the HECK out of things on second shift, learning by myself by trial and error until I become PERFECT.

AND THERE'S MORE: I'm surrounded by wonderful people who truly SEE me and don't make me feel bad for my behaviors and mistakes. I live with my friend, my boyfriend, and another man in this awesome little cave of nerds. I also work with my friend and boyfriend so you can imagine that we get to see a lot of each other and come to know the many sides of everybody.

HALLELUJAH!
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.