Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Ecclectic pagan
    Phrase
    Every man and every woman is a star.All are stars within the earth.

Re: The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

The more I study the universe, the more I see that sin is quashed by the universe when the time is right.There is a universal morality out there, it's just not simple. I see a strange beauty in death not simply because paradise is proven beyond a doubt, but because of it's power to balance. I am in no hurry to die, but the more I learn about death, the more I respect it as a part of the wheel of the universe, the more grateful I am to the Lords and Ladies who reign over it. I fear it it less with each passing day. We are alive for a reason, but I do not fear passing onto the next world when my time comes. Not just because it means passing before the gates of paradise, but because it is part of the cycle that I see more beauty in within each passing day.

The more I learn about the holiest ones, the more enlightened I become, and the more I realize I am not some freak accident that the universe which emanates from them coughed up, but that I serve a purpose and that I do fit in somewhere.

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post

Good News--everyone has it!

What is yours?
    What do you consider the "good news" of your beliefs? I don't want to know *what* you believe, I want to know what you think the best part or your faith is.
    My good news are that I'm not going to quit being Kemetic for the next few years, maybe decades. And the best part is that nobody beyond the borders of PF has to know about my beliefs. ^_^ The best part of it is that there is mutual bond and connection from my side and the divine one. Plus, I feel pretty safe and comfortable with it.

What does it foster in your life? What does it bring to others?
    It fosters to be a good person and to be patient towards people (and sometimes it's hard to be patient, but I do my best). Even if people don't know about my beliefs (in many times, it appears to be not their business) - they know they can ask and talk with me.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Banned!
    Jun 2014
    Religion
    atheistic pagan

Set is my Deity. Xeper!

Jan 2005
    Religion
    Atheist

Good News: Your destiny and your life is your choice.
    http://www.roknrol.info <-- if the site's down, just check back later

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativity.
    - Albert Einstein

“It is not necessary to accept the choices handed down to you by life as you know it.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Sep 2014
    Religion
    Paganism

one of the best parts for me, is that there is no "forcing" anyone to believe what i believe......also that my "salvation" does not ride upon forcing people into my own belief system.
    another is that i LOVE my matron Goddesses, and i can feel their love and guidance for me.
    another is that i am free to choose!

Dec 2014
    Religion
    Christian | Solitary Traditional Witch
    Phrase
    Nemophilist

For me, the best part of my faith is the close connection I have with my deities. The way they embrace me, parent me, and accept me, allows me to be the same with others; that unconditional welcome and patience that I have been gifted with and can share and teach to my fellow individuals. It's natural to me and always has been.

Jan 2014
    Religion
    Solitary Witch

What do you consider the "good news" of your beliefs? I don't want to know *what* you believe, I want to know what you think the best part or your faith is.
    The best part of my beliefs is the absolute freedom to practice and experience my spirituality in any way that suits me best from moment to moment. I am free to connect directly with the divine without having to go through any type of middle man or restrictive rule set.

What does it foster in your life?
    I feel enraptured with my closeness to divinity.

What does it bring to others?
    I think it makes me a better person to be around, although that's a bit subjective... Hopefully, it makes me a better person to be around

Banned!
    Aug 2013
    Religion
    Sapientissimus
    Phrase
    Be wary of psychopathic false-portrayal behavior on internet forums.

Good News--everyone has it!
    What is yours?
    What do you consider the "good news" of your beliefs? I don't want to know *what* you believe, I want to know what you think the best part or your faith is. What does it foster in your life? What does it bring to others?
    Many times a deity has come to me while I was in a state of deep meditation, and said deity has taught me many things. There are indeed many things among such revelations that could be considered 'good news'. The 'good news' is that the deity, which is called 'the cosmic spirit of rightness' or variants thereof, brings much knowledge, including much applicable knowledge, that humans have never had before.

Some of such knowledge consists of the secrets of magic, angels, and demons,
    which people have thus far only tried know, and have only succeeded in scratching the surface. But the most important knowledge that the deity brings is the deep wisdom, which is the greatest of all wisdom. Such wisdom includes, but is not limited to, the fundamental truths of conscious souls; the relation of truth to beauty and justice; the methods of achieving soul polarization, which leads to power, magic, and great comprehension; and the different possible ultimate fates of all intelligent species (including our own), and how to effectively work toward one or another.

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Good news, it seems I fall into Set's protection umbrella, considering the flow of events here. Whoot!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

I am on the perfect path for ME...It may never be perfect for anyone else...But if I FEEL I am on the right road,then that is good enough for me in my life.

Also,eat some really tasty cookies...smell the roses,and take time to just be sometimes...Oh and do not forget Ice cream...and bacon when you can..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was