Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone know anything about this new book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know anything about this new book?

i am new to magic and found this book, apearently it just came out. im not sure what to think about it. the download was free so i checked it out. has anyone read a review for this book? its called "Black Magic Martial Arts"
    here is a link to the page if you want to check it out.

bcoccult.angelfire.com/bmma

Re: does anyone know anything about this new book?

Perhaps a better choice would be Konstantinos Nocturnal Witchcraft. Or Postmodern Magic, the Art of Magic in the Information Age by Patrick Dunn. The first is a good example of what writing about the mage craft should be. The second is easy to read, follow, and enjoy as it encourages a sense of fun and less ritual, although not to deride ritual magic(k), it is always best and the REASON we do this, is because it brings a euphoria and joy.
    Love is the centre of all things. Fear is the destroyer of beauty and lives. Anything a despot can do to a people, humanity and community can heal and undo.

"Life is too short to worry about the little things. Better to let the moms of the world do that. They are great at it." - Madelyn Alt

Comment

Re: does anyone know anything about this new book?

First, welcome to the forum

Upon googling this book for reviews I did find your thread on another forum about it, so I'm guessing there aren't really any reviews of it. It seems like since it's self-published not many people have been exposed to it. I will say it seems like the guy should at least try to make his book a bit more public with some SEO...

That said, it depends on what you want to learn with what books I recommend. If it's martial arts and how energy works with the body I say take some actual martial arts courses because unless you're familiar with a technique no book can help you. In general I will say if it's an activity you enjoy you will find a way to use that in spellwork (I still choreograph dances for some spells and even pay attention to the song since certain modes will even influence spellwork). If it's just learning about the basics of magic I may direct you to some old school books depending on your reading level (nothing against you, I just don't know you and don't know how dry you like your info).
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Working...
      X