This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a Relationship with an Entity?

I have a friend with an issue that isn't my area of specialty...

If you were interested in cultivating a relationship with a specific entity, how would you go about it? Especially if you weren't sure what it was or if it really was? The more normal "asking" sort of thing apparently hasn't worked. It seems to have "attached" itself to the household after her on-again/off-again BF/baby's daddy went on deployment and she doesn't want to outright banish it for unknown reasons.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Starting a Relationship with an Entity?

Has she said what it's doing?
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

She's just said that she has an uncomfortable feeling of being watched in certain places in her home and that she feels as if she should be doing something, but she doesn't know what--like she's being pressured to take some sort of action but nothing explicit.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Its really all rather vague...and I'm not sure why she doesn't want to so something...unless it is her recent finding of Jesus that is making her uncomfortable doing something "witchy"
        sigpic

Comment

I'm a wait-and-see person when it comes to things like this.

Since the entity has made itself known, do accidents seem to happen more frequently in the household? Is your friend getting overwhelming feelings of loss or despair, or extremely tired & weighed down? Is the atmosphere in her home changing for the worse, are people around her more tense & snippity? If so, she might want to try a house blessing (which, as most know, can be perfectly Christian/Catholic/Jewish/Muslim, etc), including some well-planned words that mean "if you mean us harm in any way, you are not allowed in this home and you cannot cross the threshold ever again". Not to make light of it, but it's usually pretty effective against unscrupulous door-to-door salespeople, too.

If it's the opposite, like she's been feeling less tense, lonely, upset, if her household is 'lightening', if accidents seem to be avoided, then it may be someone has asked a spiritual entity to 'watch over her' while her boyfriend is away. It could even be the child's guardian.

If it's creeping her out because it just basically stands around & stares, she can tell it not to. Like, "spirit, don't watch me while I sleep, and if you keep doing it I'm kicking you out!" Or she can lay down a three-strikes kind of thing, like, "the third time you break a rule, you're outta here!"
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Well, I found this and it seems pretty benign:
            Catholic Prayers. Visit this site for the words of the Catholic Prayer Prayer Against Evil. Enjoy the inspirational words of the Catholic Prayer Prayer Against Evil.

If it doesn't go away and you feel it isn't malevolent you could maybe argue it's a guardian angel?
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Applying a boot to the ass of unwanted spirit visitors is actually one of the better documented Christian tricks of craft, so if she's worried on that point then she's in the clear provided she uses the right format. Also, as Perze pointed out there are Christian place blessings. Pretty sure that one pops up in the Catholic spell-, er sorry, Book of Common Prayers but I don't one on hand to doublecheck.

Past the issue of Christian craftwork, I'm thinking that the thing may just be excessively curious and/or bored if it's just watching. It may not be necessary to boot it and If memory serves, the wait and see approach tends to be one of the standard answers. I'm fond of the idea of setting rules early though.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Could it also be possible for her to state an ultimatum about it identifying itself? As in, I want to know who or what you are, or you're out of here?
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Gosh, entities can be all sorts of things. I have quite a few in my house and there's no need to banish them unless they're causing problems. I always feel there's plenty of room in the cosmos for us all to co-exist. Personally I would wait and see. If it's just loitering but not doing anything there's really nothing to worry about. Once the breakfast cereal takes flight it becomes something else entirely.

Things you could ask her:

has she ever had similar experiences previously?
                  Has anyone else noticed it?
                  Is anything unusual happening?
                  Have her electricity bills increased recently (sounds mad, but very relevant)?
                  Are any battery operated appliances in the house suddenly going flat more often?
                  Are there any strange noises? Especially ringing sounds?
                  Any unpleasant smells (poo, rotting flesh - but NOT smoke - that's something different)?

If you can possibly ask her these questions and get some answers (she sounds awfully vague at the moment) then I'll do my best to help.
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I should see her this weekend, I'll see whats up then. I haven't been over there, so I don't know...not that I think that might help...

*things* tend to ignore me or behave--even if I'm somewhere where other people have problems, or with someone else "always" has an experience, whatever happens stops and sometimes whatever is there makes itself scarce area until well after I'm gone...so its not something I've had a problem with ever. I think I have a default energetic equivalent of a "fuck off" sign...because I have had experiences of the ghostly sort--but only at battlefields.

Now that I think about it... that's weird.
                    sigpic

Comment

Not really weird Thal. There are entities that are the equivalent of psychic bullies - and they pick their victims to intimidate. Also entities can be attracted to certain living beings more than other for a variety of reasons, including place, personality and situation. As for experiencing ghosts at battlefields, given your interest in the civil war, that's not surprising either. Entities often contact those they feel will be most helpful/sympathetic/interested.
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Perhaps you make them disappear in a puff of logic, Thal
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                        X