Has anyone had Energy healing done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had Energy healing done?

Hi guys, I'm sure this is a silly question but...has anyone had energy healing work done? I am considering it, but I am scared. I really don't know how it works. I don't want to attract any unwanted spirits to my person.
    what I WOULD like is to have someone look me over and let me know what they "feel" from my own spirit and energy and help me identify what is wrong.
    does any of this jabble of mine make any sense to you guys?

Re: Has anyone had Energy healing done?

You won't attract bad spirits unless you believe energy work is just a bunch of bad spirits plaguing you (meaning it's just energy work, not the involvement of spirits). Energy work doesn't use the practitioner's energy; it usually uses energy either from an object or the Universe (such as Reiki).

I am a Master of Usui Reiki and a Practitioner of Isis Seichem Reiki if you have further questions.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I offer reiki attunement for a competitive rate (one time $150 transaction to anyone in North America). I'd offer to more people but can't quite get the site working yet too well since I am new to it. er.

onethirdscale.ecrater.com

My pitch is :

Dark / Goth aesthetic.
      Chaos magick 'sample' symbol .
      I really am 'cheaper' than just about anywhere else you will find on the web. And I'm very knowledgeable with regards to the US and Canadian governments investigation into reiki for the military. I know the right things.

Comment

I'm curious - as someone who is both a Chaos Magician and a reiki practitioner, it's something of a... new idea to see chaos magick thrown into a reiki pitch, instead of seeing a small subset of Chaos Magicians pumping reiki into sigils and servitors.

Though I am somewhat biased, I'll personally vouch for Caelia's handiwork. No unwanted mischief, nothing that hurts, just healing energy. The thing is, the laws in the US are written where we'd need nurse's certification to perform any sort of "diagnosis," that could even possibly border on the medical field.
        "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
        http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
        "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
        http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
        "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
        http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

TOG, that seems more like a sales pitch than an answer to her question.

To answer the question, I have had energy healing done and I did not attract bad spirits.....neither will you. Take Caelia up on her offer to answer questions. She is our resident expert.

Comment

I was trying to point out the myriad ways and philosophies and backgrounds that encompass energy healing. And my ecrater 'pitch' is to use a dark aesthetic but also to educate that it is a shamanic way and shamanism is universal.

I actually know very little about chaos magick but only that reiki attunement following that your spirit becomes quite chaotic. feeling the joy or pain of others personally can be one such result. some experiences are dramatic, scary..

and to echo what the other person said below me I do not offer 'healing' I will not make that pronouncement for someone in medical need. I only offer the way.

The fact I even say that I have a pitch as opposed to being an expert is more credit given due to the OP than you just gave Storm

Yeah everyone is a 'professional'.
            Last edited by Troll_ov_Grimness; 22 Sep 2011, 10:30.

Comment

Well, Reiki is a particular system, or set of systems derrived from Usui Reiki. Energy Healing is much more broad. My Catholic mother practices energy healing through prayer, but the Pope put his foot down about Reiki being allowed in the Catholic Church. Using one's own energy for healing is quite a damaging experience, and the "leech" nature of pranic vampirism negates the premise of using that energy for healing. Been there, done both of those.

While I did experience some "growing pangs" from my attunement, I would hardly call that experience "chaotic". Dramatic? Scary? I've seen others have that when they abuse their bodies or spirituality, but I wouldn't use the word "chaos" to describe it. It had a very clear reason and direction towards something more like "purging"; it only got "chaotic" when they fought the cleansing that comes as part of the deal. Besides, that's not at all what "Chaos Magick" means.

And as for the sales pitch: sorry, but several people beat you here. Most of them have demonstrated their credibility, and shared quite a bit about how to look for other credible reiki practitioners and masters. Each was actually a member of our community here before such "sales pitch". Nobody tried to get territorial, but we do want to assess what you've learned before we take you seriously. So far, I see you as coming off rather confused - and I'm someone who changes spiritual paridigms as a hobby - but that doesn't mean I'm completely closed to what you have to offer.
              "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
              http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
              "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
              http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
              "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
              http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post
                I was trying to point out the myriad ways and philosophies and backgrounds that encompass energy healing. And my ecrater 'pitch' is to use a dark aesthetic but also to educate that it is a shamanic way and shamanism is universal.

I actually know very little about chaos magick but only that reiki attunement following that your spirit becomes quite chaotic. feeling the joy or pain of others personally can be one such result. some experiences are dramatic, scary..

and to echo what the other person said below me I do not offer 'healing' I will not make that pronouncement for someone in medical need. I only offer the way.

The fact I even say that I have a pitch as opposed to being an expert is more credit given due to the OP than you just gave Storm

Yeah everyone is a 'professional'.
                You know what is also a great form of energy work for which no one needs credentials? Laughter:
                Funny Cartoon

"YAAAY, DARKNESSS!"

That aside, I think if you explained a bit more about the particular Reiki you practiced it may help the OP. There are lots of different forms of energy work out there. Heck, I'm not even familiar with every form of Reiki. There are also fellow members who are very affluent with crystal healing, Reiki, and even Qi Gong. So chin up and watch the video.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

The term "chaos" is used in this summary, not in its usual pejorative sense as the state of "utter confusion" but to mean a place outside the "real world's" time and space, a world without form or limit, of spaceless and timeless eternal beings, and a world without life, death, continuing forever; without a beginning or an end; the origin of all humans, and the place to which the human soul goes after death, in a continuing cycle. Implicit is the idea that there is a directing force - a God - who controls this "chaos".

a footnote from Korean Shamanism -Muism by Dr. Kim Tae-kon and Dr. Chang Soo-kyung.

This is what the Koreans believe about chaos. It is outside the scope of terrestrial human beings. Only shamans have the ability to be intercessors with the realm of chaos. The Koreans believe that through venting that chaos reciprocates. Although I don't believe there is an overseeing god to a realm of chaos. That is just my personal belief to me it wouldn't be nearly so chaotic with an overseeing god.

I don't need any credentials for one of the many multitude 'systems' out there. I frankly really don't care. If you go to me, you get my opinion and wisdom.

I am a master.

I am not a student of another master that calls themselves a master. like some sort of subjugated minion.

Reiki is also a popular word. It was on Oprah with Dr. Oz.

and honestly there are dozens and dozens of 'systems' out there. Many of them trademarked and copyrighted.

Frankly I don't fucking care about the system. Psychodrama.

I care about me and my client and getting them to understand the mechanism for attunement which I know and can readily explain to those who pay. I know what they have to do for attunement. I don't simply tell them some system in my teaching there is a mechanism a sort of mental technology if you will that my client does that I teach them.
                  Last edited by Troll_ov_Grimness; 23 Sep 2011, 06:27.

Comment

So...you aren't practicing Reiki. You're just practicing your own brand of eclectic energy work, of which you claim to be a master. Gotcha.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      So...you aren't practicing Reiki. You're just practicing your own brand of eclectic energy work, of which you claim to be a master. Gotcha.
                      So is everyone else!

How many reiki systems are there!? hundreds?

Temple Of The Vampire is a reiki system. I'd call it one.
                      With different window dressing.

What makes them special though is that they are more like shamans in the sense that they have solitary practitioner program.

Like the Koreans they would have you worship and commune with ancestor household spirits.

somewhat like having a kamidana if you were a Shinto Buddhist

These ideas are universal!

GOD DAMMIT

I will say that to the end of my days

In fact there are reiki masters in the TOV. And they do align. And I won't mention names. but there are some there who have many years experience. and shared their experiences with me

I was attuned in like 2004 btw a long time ago
                      Last edited by Troll_ov_Grimness; 23 Sep 2011, 07:07.

Comment

I've been following this thread and the Wild Hunt thread out of interest, but have refrained from replying because I know little about Reiki and even less about Korean Shamanism. However, I have a few things to say.

Troll_ov_Grimness, I don't know to what extent you've browsed this forum, but even if you've merely scratched the surface you'll have found that there is very little friction between members here. In fact, I hadn't seen any measure of bitchiness in a long time, not until you arrived. When having a discussion, or even a debate, it is important to listen to and process what is being said to you as much, if not more, than what you yourself are saying. I ask you, when you talk on the telephone do you ever use the top half? Or is it your prerogative to ask questions and offer information and then whine and throw a fit when others' responses don't match what you wanted to hear? My advice to you is simple: Stop being a dick.

That said, I'm beginning to think that "Troll's" name was meant to be a clue.
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

So is everyone else!

How many reiki systems are there!? hundreds?
                          But you see, to call it Reiki you have to have a lineage. If you just channeled it and it's still Reiki, you still have to have a lineage. Otherwise it's energy work. In that regard it's like champagne. You really can't call it champagne unless it comes from Champagne, France. Otherwise it's sparkling wine.

Temple Of The Vampire is a reiki system. I'd call it one.
                          With different window dressing.
                          I'm pretty sure they aren't.

What makes them special though is that they are more like shamans in the sense that they have solitary practitioner program.
                          That neither makes it Reiki nor leads me to believe you.

Like the Koreans they would have you worship and commune with ancestor household spirits.
                          I don't quite believe you, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.

somewhat like having a kamidana if you were a Shinto Buddhist
                          Kamidana, from what I understood, aren't exactly for worshipping ancestors. Ancestors can become kami, but they aren't kami by default. I also believe you meant "Shinto or Buddhist" since the kamidana isn't exclusive to Shinto Buddhism.

These ideas are universal!
                          So a practice in two countries now means it's universal? Well, I have a reliable source that tells me if I stick a banana in my ear I won't be so gloomy. Since it originates from one person it's a universal practice.

GOD DAMMIT

I will say that to the end of my days
                          I think your gloom will disappear if you put a banana in your ear.

In fact there are reiki masters in the TOV. And they do align. And I won't mention names. but there are some there who have many years experience. and shared their experiences with me
                          Then that means you have a lineage since they taught you and are a Master. Also, I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket with one group no matter how impressed you are by them.

I was attuned in like 2004 btw a long time ago
                          Which tradition? What level are you? You don't even list this stuff in your store, so I'm dying to know. If you are a Master may I see your lineage?
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

I don't simply tell them some system in my teaching there is a mechanism a sort of mental technology if you will that my client does that I teach them.
                            Sorry.... is that really a sentence?
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Not sure if the OP is still checking this or not, but here's my 2cents.

Healing work is mostly non-curative in nature. The Shamans believed that illness can be our greatest teacher, and this is a notion I keep dear to my heart. In my upper level Psychology class my professor told me that "The suffering you go through now will only increase your efficacy as a counselor and healer in the future". This came from a very devout Catholic who specializes in Christian Therapy, FWIW.

Yes, I've had healing work done and healing attunements performed. I'm a 2nd degree Reiki healer in the Usui tradition and I've been at this Degree for over a year now. The intermittent healing sessions I receive between attunements is to make sure there is not too much disruption when my energy channels are altered to actually summon the healing energies. The first attunement was fine because I had fasted on an organic diet and maintained water intake. The 2nd attunement was not so pleasant as I was not fully prepared for the demons it brought forth to be removed from me. Demons meaning past negativity, not conscious-spirit demons.

Having a person "sense" what is wrong with you and treat it is not in my nature as a healer. I do not go into healing sessions with the attitude that I will cure them or solve their problems. Our modern Western brains have developed many pitfalls to protect others from getting too close to our personal secrets, and unless you fully and completely trust your healer I doubt they would be able to do this without behaving like a Psychotherapist as well as an Energy Healer. I also do not perform Byosen scans prior to healing, instead I trust the energy to do what it needs to do. The healing energy of Dainichi Nyorai is far more older and powerful than me, I find that when I try to intervene I just cause more difficulty. Again, I am a new healer and only 23 years old, so I will not pretend to have the faith and power of healers much older and experienced than myself. For now, if someone tells me the power knows what to do, then I just let it do its work.

Fearing a healing session is normal, our predominantly Christian upbringing teaches us we will be punished for the good we do in life. So when we are approached with a method that will aid our soul, we may expect that a negative turn around is just lying in wait. The Sumerian people were famously pessimistic like this as well, because they were constantly plagued by floods, droughts, and other natural disasters. They did not believe that they had influence over the "wanderers" (what they called their gods) and were most Fatalistic in nature.

As you receive a healing session, if you are nervous, just repeat the mantra "for the greatest good of my being" again and again in your head. That way if you do not have absolute faith in your healer channeling the energy, you expand your faith in your soul or personal god to do what is best for you.
                              ADF Dedicant of .

"Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment." -Greenville Kleiser

Comment

Working...
                              X