X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introducing myself

Yo, welcome Luna.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Welcome to the house of dreams my lady....Bows and falls over on the floor

And thats what happens when you bow with a bad back :P

Comment

Hello, I'm a fan of the moon

Hey all, you can call me Oxy. I am new to the pagan faiths (Sort of, I will explain in a second.) A bit about myself, I'm a 23 year old guy from Melbourne Australia, I grew up in a household that was originally Greek Orthodox Christian, but one by one the family members around me became skeptical and started calling themselves atheists (personally I never really believed in the christian faith anyway). I like learning and making friends and I'm fiercely shy in real life.

Well now that's out of the way, let me tell you a story. perhaps two or three years ago, I was a confirmed skeptic, I didn't believe in anything besides what I could see, well one night, I had a dream. I dreamed of myself sitting on a grassy field under the bright light of a waxing moon that was almost full. I felt myself becoming energized in the moonlight, my spirit was uplifted and I felt happy and content. I then woke up, not with a start like a nightmare, but gently, I opened my eyes and without having to move my head at all I saw the moon through my window just as it was in my dream. I guess I had a sort of spiritual awakening that night, and from that moment on you couldn't possibly convince me that the moon wasn't the focus or perhaps even the source of some sort of spiritual energy.

From then on I began treating the moon as sort of my personal deity. I'd make sure to head outside every night and just spend some time in the moonlight, and the occasion of a full moon was a time of special celebration for me, complete with some little rituals I created myself. I also came to associate the moon with a sense of freedom, the crisp night air and the moons energy with me made me free to express myself in whatever way I wanted, so long as it didn't hurt others, and I was happy to do so. Feeling the need to attach a name to this deity I had discovered I did a quick search and found that the ancient greek pantheon had a god called Selene, so I adopted that name (She was greek, I was greek, it made sense to me.)

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and keep in mind that at this point I didn't actually know anything about modern paganism (Is that a word? Sorry if it's not), I told a friend about my beliefs, he asked if I was a pagan, I said, and I quote "The hell is a pagan?". He told me that one of my escapades under the full moon sounded sort of like Drawing Down the Moon. I began to do a bit of research into this ritual and found that some modern versions of it weren't too different from the ritual I had created myself (Except that I wasn't female), One thing led to another and soon I was overwhelmed with information about Wicca, druids, shamanism, witchcraft and to my surprise found that some (alot perhaps) was actually in line with the beliefs I had come up with myself, and to top it all off, just yesterday I discovered the Wiccan Rede, as I guess many of you know, one section says

"An it harm none, do what ye will"

I was blown away, since I had come up with almost exactly the same thing as one of the defining principles of my beliefs. (my version isn't put quite as eloquently as the original though). And now here I am, still learning, picking up information from here and there. I haven't devoted myself to any particular brand of pagan faith just yet, and I probably never will, since from the begginning it's been my own little religion, changing and growing, and I wouldn't want to compromise it even the slightest bit just to conform with some extablished set of beliefs. but I'm learning, adapting the things I believe in or that I might come to believe in, and passing by those others that I don't think I could believe or that I don't care to practice.

And that's the story of how I ended up here, hunched over in the dark on my computer, typing like a mad man. Well I hope to see you all out on the forums, and if there are any other worshipers/admirers/devotees/fans of Selene or any other moon god/goddess, I'd love the chance to have a chat with you. See you all.

Comment

::tries to hold in laughter but is failing:rofl::: Welcome and I hope you like it here arcticluna!

Comment

Re: Hello, I'm a fan of the moon

Merry Meet and welcome, Oxy!

Comment

Welcome, welcome
              My Tumblr
              My Webcomic
              My Twitter

Comment

Re: Hello, I'm a fan of the moon

Hello Oxy One of my patron deities is Arianrhod, a celtic goddess with some moon association.
                Welcome to the boards!
                My Tumblr
                My Webcomic
                My Twitter

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hi I'm Plenilunium which is Latin for full moon which is my favorite moon cycle. I grew up in a pagan house and have been a pagan almost all of my life. My parents are both pagan so I suppose I am lucky there. It is only in the past year I've began really began to find myself spiritually.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Luna

Comment

dont think i can hold my laughter in much longer!!!:lol: Welcome to the forum Luna!

Comment

Re: hello-hello friends!!!!

thanks you for a warm welcome.

Comment

Re: hello-hello friends!!!!

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome.