This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercer, Pa Pagans

I'm finally doing it, starting a Circle in my area. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time since there are zero groups around here.

was founded by Rin in 2011 to give Pagan Witches in the Mercer Pennsylvania area a place to grow, teach, and learn from each other in a positive and safe environment. We meet in Mercer on the first Tuesday of the month from 6pm - 8pm. After years of searching for a local Pagan Circle and not finding one close enough to effectively serve the Pagan community of this geographic region Rin felt drawn to begin this journey as part of her efforts to give back to the Pagan community.

We are a group of lawful Pagans, here to serve each other and our community. We provide a Teaching Circle, comprised of members of various levels of proficiency and practice. The Circle is eclectic in nature. While we may chose to focus on a specific God/dess for a gathering our Circle itself does not follow a specific pantheon. Each member follows their own magickal path outside of the Circle which we hope is enriched and supported by being a member of the Circle.

We strive to help unite the Pagans of this area and give a true sense of community. Right now we are in our infancy, offering just our monthly meetings, but as we grow we have plans to expand our offerings for our members and community.

Things we hope to offer to our members in the near future:
    Paganings
    Coming of Age Ceremonies
    Dedications
    Handfastings
    Handpartings
    Cronings
    Passing Ceremonies
    Pagan Children's Playgroup
    Pagan Library
    Community Activities
    )O( Blessed Be )O(
    Raven Rin

My Blog
    Raven Rin's Pagan Nest
    The Adventures and Home of a Pagan Mother
    http://ravenrinspagannest.blogspot.com/

Re: Mercer, Pa Pagans

Looks good...I would recommend putting a listing on Witchvox and making your own FB/G+/etc that you can post updates to and link back to your group and page, if you haven't thought of it already--it gives you another way to tell people you are there. Also, consider fliers, postcard sized cards, bookmarks, business cards, etc to put out at pagan shops, new agey places, co-ops, etc or take to pagan festivals and stuff. Just don't use any personal info--set up your organizations own email and whatnot.

...sorry if any of this is redundant and you've done it already!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I wish you great luck with your new group. I found a local coven via witchvox so I would take Thal's advice.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, that's all good advice and I appreciate it. Some of it I've already done, like the email just for the group and posting on witchvox, but I do need to set up a FB page and I didn't even think of the G+. Unfortunately there are no Pagan shops or even Pagan friendly shops/groups around here. That's why I'm starting the group because there are absolutely no Pagan groups/resources in this area.

Thanks again and if you should ever meet anyone who is looking for a group in the Mercer, Pa area please let them know about us.
        )O( Blessed Be )O(
        Raven Rin

My Blog
        Raven Rin's Pagan Nest
        The Adventures and Home of a Pagan Mother
        http://ravenrinspagannest.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        X