Clear All

Re: DIY toothpaste

I can't imagine peroxide tasting very good. lol

Comment

Originally posted by GypsySeaWitch View Post
      I can't imagine peroxide tasting very good. lol
      It actually doesn't have a taste...
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

-I've been using plain baking soda on my toothbrush for almost two years and my mouth always feels and smells cleaner than it ever did when I was using toothpaste.

-You can make regular toothbrushes more eco-friendly by cleaning them rather than throwing them away - simply wash the brush vigorously with a drop of soap and hot water, then soak it in a glass of peroxide for at least a few hours, or up to 24 hours. It'll look like new.

-I got rid of tobacco stains on my teeth by rinsing with equal parts peroxide and water before brushing with the baking soda. After a week my teeth were much whiter and have stayed that way with just the baking soda. Of course, I have quit smoking, so that probably has something to do with it, too.

-Peroxide tastes pretty much like water, only more "minerally," I guess is a good way to put it. The only difference between water and peroxide is a single oxygen molecule.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Interesting...I wouldn't have expected hydrogen peroxide!

With the gum thing...I brush my gums, too...very very gently. I had a dentist once who told me that it helped with circulation and keeping the gums heathy. A lot of brushes are firmer then people need....opting for time and gentleness, rather then brushing stiffly seems to really help me at least.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
          X