• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a goddess

I was just thinking

Comment

www.godchecker.com has a lot of nice little blurbs about deities. If you're looking for Celtic specifically, just go to that section and go through looking for mother goddesses. If you find one that gives you any sort of feeling, just look them up in Google images. Best of luck to you and Blessed Be!

Comment

I was just thinking an image search would be a very interesting, (if rediculously broad,) way to start. I ran a search for blue goddess of memory/children, you get a huge mismash from useful to silly... ya know like every google image search... but it is a place to start... don't know how useful in the longrun, but a place to start.
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

She isn't Celtic so I didn't say anything but Frau Holda is a Yule goddess and could be in blue. She helps women get pregnant, has souls come through her lake and takes in children who pass away. She is also a weaver and in Heathen myth waving is associated with wryd. This is a pic someone did of her. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-u...52520Holda.jpg

Comment

Taken in the context of celtic colour symbolism that wouldnt be a celtic deity, the blue clothes would indicate a hostile foreign origin. Id say the op was unlikely to know the iconography tho so it probably wouldnt have popped up for them subconsciously. A more likely iconography would be the christian/latin we were all raised with. A blue clothed goddess associated with children screams mary. I wouldnt classify the ops experience as anything more then basically psychological though. Whatever role that figure played in the ops life (maybe as a part of forming a spiritual sense of the maternal archetype) was probably being pushed forward by the ops subconscious because something needed to be addressed. A book of childhood memories would probably imo indicate something from the past needed to be worked through whether it was something from childhood or whether it was a loss of a maternal figure... who knows.

Comment

hmmm....I have no idea where to even start researching where the Pre-Christian idea of Mary is from.
              It could probably be Asherah. She was worshipped by the Israelites until 6th century BC.

Comment

Working...
              X