"Contagion"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Contagion"

Saw the movie last night. Liked it, but honestly I enjoyed "Outbreak" (with Rene Russo & Dustin Hoffman) more, and of course, nothing in this genre can touch "The Stand", imho.
    It really wouldn't surprise me one bit if something of this nature happened fairly soon. Not to be all gloom and doom-ish but it's kind of like dodging hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. Once in a while a Really Big One comes along.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: "Contagion"

Hello Hawkfeathers! I just watched 'Contagion' myself and really enjoyed it. However I do feel that the movie left some questions unanswered (such as the vaccine becoming lethal to specific cell types after 10 years, etc.), and I have to agree with you as far as 'The Stand' and 'Outbreak' are concerned.

Comment

Ahhhh I don't like disease movies. Too realistic.

Comment

I'm as terrified of biological warfare and epidemics as I am of zombies - I don't know if I'll have the guts to watch this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
          I'm as terrified of biological warfare and epidemics as I am of zombies - I don't know if I'll have the guts to watch this one!
          OMG you too? I'm totally TERRIFIED of zombies!

I keep watching the Walking Dead because I want to know what happens, but I can't sleep every time I do....

biological warfare and epidemic movies freak me out more though, because it seems like something that could actually happen...eeek

Comment

I watched the first season - and I had trouble sleeping afterward, too! I've been wanting to see what happens in the second season but I haven't quite gotten the guts to do it yet

Comment

I loved Contagion! Also from a medical professional standpoint I believe they did an excellent job with this movie.

<--- not a fan of walking dead... that show gives me the creepy crawlies lol
              sigpic

Comment

Re: &quot;Contagion&quot;

I can't watch epidemic movies when my husband's home (which is always) because he is a major germophobe. He's going to end up like Howard Hughes. Contagion, Outbreak, Quarantine, all those, look so good but I will never see them unless I happen to catch them on tv on a break at work . I've loved those kind of books & movies since the Robin Cook books started coming out.

The Walking Dead, though? It is sooooo awesome.
                Last edited by Ophidia; 28 Oct 2011, 07:15. Reason: HTML doesn't work here
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Re: &quot;Contagion&quot;

I thought it was gonna be crap to be honest with you epidemic films are kinda like those aftermath films after we have had a nuclear war in the future you just never know where they are gonna go with it or how good or bad its gonna be but once this film got rolling it never stopped i would give it a firm 9 it was a good film.

Comment

Working...
                  X