Spellwork Difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spellwork Difficulty

Hello Paganforum! I am having difficulty with my spell workings.

You can skip to the end if you don't want to read the story :P

Basically I am wondering if there is any way you guys can help with some tips or whatever, in my issue.

I used to practice spells in a more wiccan influenced way and they would always be successful. (even though its not common for me to do any kind of spells unless I'm desperate :P). Y'know, like money spells, or relationship spells etc.

But recently I've been doing spells for wealth and to try to get me to be confident and influence the opportunity for Jobs (since I'm trying to find employment like many people). Anyways, I recently read Modern Magick and it has encouraged me to get up and set up a spell, but this time with preparation and a well thought out procedure. I had written 2 pages in very small writing of the sequence of what I will say and do to charge the energies I want and use them in the ways I need them to. Basically the spell felt great! I did it the way I wanted and it was personal, I was very confident in my work afterward.

But I would soon be getting asked to be helped out with cleaning a house and I would get payed (It seemed to be working ) and I'd get called in to work a day or two substituting at a local school (again, looking good ) And some guy at the cleaning job asked me for my contact number to hire me to help him paint some houses or whatever.

All seemed great, but then I would stop getting calls for my on call job (which is not enough for rent >.<), the guy didn't call me at all, and I never got a full/part time job in any of the areas I was focusing in (which right now is technology/computers/games and/or retail in those subjects).

So It seems that my spell worked but it wasn't that powerful I know stress can alter the effects, I know being negative can alter the success, etc. But I don't believe that was the issue since I have been confident in my abilities in terms of magical influence. Anyone know a solution? :P I know magic is a science and It'd be nice to try to find some other ways to test to maybe enhance my chances of success and maybe make it more potent.

Re: Spellwork Difficulty

Welcome to the forum

Sometimes spells putter out. One thing about money spells from my experience is that they seem to fly through the effects. There are two things I'd consider doing when this happened:

1. Work something into the spell to "space it out", and / or
    2. Recast it monthly.

The second option, for me, required paying attention to moon phases, but that's just how I roll. I don't know if that'd help you at all or at least give you some groundwork, but I hope it helps.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I agree with Caelia. When you're working a spell for something that is continuously ebbing and flowing, such as wealth, it is often necessary to repeat the ritual. The ritual you used seems to be quite long, so you may wish to write a more trimmed down version of it that you can repeat every so often.

If you find that specifically timing your magic is helpful, you might find it prudent to repeat the spell every Thursday, for example. This will keep the energy flowing and prevent it from petering out.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

It's hard to tell why a spell may fizzle while others succeed. I usually put it down to it not being the right time for things to happen as I'd like them to. And of course, much like prayer, magic tends to help those who help themselves.

Do you keep records of when/how you did your spell & your follow-up work, so you can get a full picture of what's going on? Did you make any follow-up calls? Are you still actively seeking work, or did you just sort of sit back & let things happen? Did you subtly make yourself unavailable, maybe even on a subconscious level?

It could also be that the Universe is making sure you're not tied down to anything smaller so you can take a really big opportunity that may be headed your way
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

When I cast money spells, I try to think of money as water...fluid. When you weave your spell, try to focus on the flow of money. I usually have a flask or bowl that I pour water (to symbolize money) into (to obtain and keep money). Sympathetic magic is the oldest and simplest form of magic and is sometimes the most effective.
          Last edited by babyfyrefly; 20 Oct 2011, 20:59.

Comment

Wow Thanks for the replies everyone! This is good information. I haven't done much money spells and doing it periodically may help a lot. Its just so much different than spells I have done in the past, but I'm still learning some of the crazy amounts of different possible combinations of routines and methods to carry out all kinds of different spells. And I did put into account the moon phase and the days of the week, but for some reason I feel like doing spells on the wrong associated day or month or moon phase etc. I did this one in accordance to the correct timing, but generally speaking I will get the urge to do such spells on the waning moon, or on a random day, and I wonder if that is still as effective if it feels right?

Simplifying it is going to be a must if I want to do it periodically as well. I'd like to add that to the comment about keeping notes everything, thats something I get lazy about, but should probably do :P And I did feel a tendency to let up a little bit, almost feeling like the spell is going to make up for a small lack of effort, so I could almost 'relax' in the job search or money making area or whatever. I will definitely take these things into account.
            Thanks guys/gals!

Comment

Originally posted by takiado View Post
              And I did put into account the moon phase and the days of the week, but for some reason I feel like doing spells on the wrong associated day or month or moon phase etc. I did this one in accordance to the correct timing, but generally speaking I will get the urge to do such spells on the waning moon, or on a random day, and I wonder if that is still as effective if it feels right?
              Spellwork usually works best when you're in the right frame of mind and have your heart in it. Waiting for the right lunar phase, or the right day/time/planetary alignment does no good if you find that you're not in the mood to cast a spell.

I also used to be of the mindset that magic was a last-resort method, but I gradually realized that spell work is just like anything else. You have to practice, practice & practice some more if you're going to get better at it. It's a tool, just like a new suit or a good wrench.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
              X