Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police fire on Occupy Oakland protesters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Police fire on Occupy Oakland protesters.

Originally posted by LadyGarnetRose View Post
    Palestine was never a country.

The last time the area where Israel is was a country, it was Israel and Judea. After it was taken over by the Romans, then the Byzantines, then the Ottomans, and just before it became Israel it was under British rule.

There has never in history been a country called Palestine.
    You seem to have a very one sided view of the world, the region has been a conundrum of kingdoms countrys and states, it is such a mish mash that led to the partitioning by Britain through a UN mandate.

In my opinion it was theft to pacify the Jewish at the end of the war. This was done again my opinion to apologise to them for the worlds failure to act in defense of them during the years of persecution in Germany, any reasonable country today would react. The non reaction of Europe in light of the overwhelming evidence of problems in Germany is to their shame.

That does not then give the green light for the world to apologise and give a region of Palestine to holocaust survivors.
    Gunnarr Sandisson
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
    Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnarr View Post
      You seem to have a very one sided view of the world, the region has been a conundrum of kingdoms countrys and states, it is such a mish mash that led to the partitioning by Britain through a UN mandate.

From your own link, there has never been a country called Palestine.

A State is a Country.

In my opinion it was theft to pacify the Jewish at the end of the war. This was done again my opinion to apologise to them for the worlds failure to act in defense of them during the years of persecution in Germany, any reasonable country today would react. The non reaction of Europe in light of the overwhelming evidence of problems in Germany is to their shame.
      Theft from whom? The Ottomans? The British that won against the Ottomans? Or the Jews who were already living there?

This isn't a one sided view, it's reality something that is lacking here.
      That does not then give the green light for the world to apologise and give a region of Palestine to holocaust survivors.
      Actually the West Bank was originally supposed to be a country called Palestine, but Jordan nabbed that off during the partition.

So maybe you are blaming the wrong people.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      For the love of all this is unholy. Shut it about the Jews.
      To Quote Dez,

No one is forcing you to post on this thread.

Comment

No one is forcing you either.
        It's my fucking thread.

How can you have the balls to say that when I started this thread, in rants?

So play nice, cut the attitude, or GTFO.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

It's not just one thread. This is going back 8 years with this individual.
          Wow. I had no idea I made such an impact on the way you troll, LGR. In fact, your comments in this thread kind of surprised me, because the last few years, from my perspective, we agreed to disagree quite nicely and we even had some decent discussions. One thing I can assure you, though, your aggressive tones toward my ideas/rants will not be reciprocated, despite your attempts to unhinge me.....ad hominem is pointless. I'd much rather stick to actually discussion, and I'm going to do just that, from this point on.
          Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard Dez swear....

(er....saw)

Comment

i think it's time...
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You got the kitties, I'll bring in Mighty Ziltoid...

ADD: For some reason, my pic won't show, so here: http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif
                Last edited by Caelia; 08 Dec 2011, 18:16. Reason: seriously, why aren't pics showing for me?
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

The only reason I have not yet locked this thread is because it's Dez's topic and she doesn't want it closed. That say, if I see a need for one more goddamn mod note, I'm gonna find myself handing out temp bans. Knock. It. Off!
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                  X