Things I've been meaning to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I've been meaning to do.

If you've been putting things off like I have, tell us about them here. I've been meaning to start a book of shadows for some years(like twenty or more)now. As well as finish up at least six or seven other"Projects" I've started. It's not that I'm a procrastinator(OK, maybe I am somewhat)but life does seem to sideline somethings more than others.
    So fess up and maybe this will motivate you and me to getter done.
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Re: Things I've been meaning to do.

Writing a guitar riff >.> Supposed to do that months ago
    Clean the oven
    Tidy my room
    Learn to play guitar
    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I need to get on with loads of art projects I have been meaning to try. Things I've wanted to try so badly for months and months.
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Make a brass bra.

Not for myself, I hasten to add.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Soo many things. The most pressing I guess is making time for myself between all the job hunting/working/schoolwork/house-building/immigration/ptsd stuff

Comment

Tear down the wallpaper in my bathroom & paint it instead.

Crack down w/some of the CompTIA study guides & take the exam at least once, just to see how much I actually suck.

Go to the library, check out some 'classics' & see what the hoopla is about, leading to reading the 1000 books on Booket's list.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Lose this weight -.-
              Re insulate the attic
              Start a BOS
              Find a new doctor
              Make a vision board
              Start practicing yoga
              Take a Reiki class
              Last edited by LiadanWillows; 27 Oct 2011, 18:25.
              sigpic

Comment

*Sigh*

Find an OBGYN/endocrinologist.
                Finish the dress I started for miss A back in Sept.
                Make and bottle applesauce
                Sew shower curtain and curtains for the living room.
                Practice my orchestra music more thoroughly.
                Finish the Wheel of Time series.
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Dez What instrument do you play if you don't mind me asking.

FW One thing I sorely regret is not learning to play guitar.

I just thought of somethings I need to add to my list. Learn to post photos again and Blog? I'm not to sure what blog is but it seems like I should know how to do it.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

So many things! Mostly writing projects and resizing a flannel shirt with alterations to mimic an Eton jacket.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      Dez What instrument do you play if you don't mind me asking.
                      I'm a violinist

Started when I was seven, have enough formal training to make people go "ooh", but not enough to land a professional gig. By the time I hit college, though, I was too burnt out to be a music major (not to mention my parents wouldn't let me attend an actual arts school).
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                        I'm a violinist

Started when I was seven, have enough formal training to make people go "ooh", but not enough to land a professional gig. By the time I hit college, though, I was too burnt out to be a music major (not to mention my parents wouldn't let me attend an actual arts school).
                        That's to bad on both counts. At seven I think I made my first explosive device that used a battery, my dad wasn't to happy and would have liked to send me some where(I think military school was mentioned at the time) my brother and I had already blown up the fruit cellar before this.
                        That's another instrument that I love because of it's versatility from classic to Cajun, Merit Times , Celtic, and everything in between. I really envy people with musical talent. I know it takes lots of hard work(all three of my kids played in band and now my youngest is in the orchestra in collage)but the rewards are life long.

I know I've wandered of topic so kick me.
                        Last edited by Monk; 28 Oct 2011, 08:06. Reason: Becaues I'm old and forget things.

Comment

MOST pressing:
                          Get my Washington LEA License
                          Get my NICET certification

Long Term: (Not in any particular order)
                          Lose weight and stick with the plan
                          Go Glide Basejumping
                          Finish my art projects
                          Go to school for Massage Therapy
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

OK, this has inspired me to start cleaning out my workroom so I can finish some of the projects I have started. This is a little like trying to dig in the sand at the edge of the ocean though.

Comment

Christmas gifts. I'm doing only handmade ones (well, for the most part - for hubby's side of the family there are some things he'd rather buy them) and although I always intend to start in, like, May to have them all done, I always end up racing at the last minute.

Comment

Working...
                              X