Weather Magic, is it kinda bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Magic, is it kinda bad?

Now, i would LOVE a white yule, it will be the first one in my flat with my partner. now, i often ask her if she will do some weather magic to make it snow, in the past she has done some weather magic and its worked like charm. but last time she did it, we had the snow that shut down half the country!

Ofcourse it could just be that it was going to snow anyway and her spell just amped it up a bit. but she feels bad about all the people who got into accidents on the icey roads and such.

So i ask, is it bad to do spells for snow at this time of year?

Re: Weather Magic, is it kinda bad?

You sound like you're in the UK...I'd say probably not a great idea. Every time it snows there things shut down and it's so hard to get around, and I have a lot of friends from here who live there, and German friends here who have family in the UK and the flights get cancelled and it's really stressful for everyone. If it could be just mild it wouldn't be a problem but I think weather magic is too unpredictable

I do know where you're coming from though....I come from a rainy place and have become accustomed to white Christmases in Berlin and this year it's too warm. I was also tempted to ask for a little snow on Saturday or Sunday to get flights back to the UK cancelled because a certain someone is coming to see me and I'd love for him to stay longer, but a) not really fair to him since he's got a lot on his plate at the moment and I should be grateful he can make it at all, and b) too unpredictable and I'd hate for peoples holiday travels to be disrupted....and I have friends going home to the UK this weekend and I know they'd be stressed if their flights were cancelled!

Comment

It's not bad per se but you do need to know what you're doing. And asking for something a bit extreme like snow (assuming that it was indeed due to the weather magic) is maybe not the best place to start. How about a nice heavy frost instead this year?

As for feeling back about last year's snow - maybe loads of people were doing snow spells at the same time, so I wouldn't let your partner feel too bad about it!
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Weather is one of those things where the needs of the many outweigh the wants of the few. Unless someone is extremely experienced with weather-witching, it's easy to let it get out of hand. A snowy Christmas can whip into a blizzard, a brief squall of rain can become a major storm front that floods out several counties. Weather isn't just here for human convenience - animals and plants are trying to live out their natural rhythms, and out-of-season weather can be hazardous.

I know for myself that I watch the weather patterns. I don't try to call in weather out of season, but I do try to encourage conditions that already exist. We need our monsoons to be successful here in the desert, so in July & August, I'm always helping the clouds do their job of bringing rain, or if we've got a bad wildfire somewhere near I try to talk to the wind and encourage it to die down and be still, or at least blow away from populated areas if it doesn't want to calm down.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Weather tricks can have a wide area of influence and predicting the direct results is annoying, predicting all the secondary ones is insanity. I won't say never touch it but I'm leery of craftwork that can influence large areas in unpredictable ways. Law of unintended consequence can be a bitch.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Weather magic in my opinion is a bit um unpredictable. Also I rarely do weather magic anymore. I'll leave it on that
            Circe

Comment

I don't do any weather magic because it's such a fragile thing - one small change in one place could drastically affect someplace else. The same could be said of any magic, true, but weather can be such a profound impact on people's lives that it could easily mean the difference between life and death depending on the circumstances. I'm not comfortable feeling responsible for it.

Comment

Working...
              X