People going through your things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People going through your things

Okay so everyday before I leave I close my bed room door so that shows no one to go in it. Today my brother said thats a nice vest. And I said thanks, and then he said I have your other one down stairs. I got little bit ticked off because he and his girl friend sometimes will use things in the house without asking. Its not the fact that he is using my vest but its the fact that he used it without asking, and also it smelt like smoke after. I had to clean it and I had to be somewhere. Also then he knocked on my door and I said come in, and he started going through my closet asking where dress pants are. They then told me to take off my vest so he can have it, and now I am stuck with the one from down stairs. I know I am being over protective but I dont like people going in my room, because alot of stuff in there is private and sarcred to me. So my question is, is there a way I can put a protective sheild around my whole room, which covers all my items, and attach some type of minor physical curse so I know they or whom ever crossed the boundries. Like I dont like doing curses, however, its not directed to anyone and I believe sometimes magic should be used to protect you and your things on occasions. . I am looking for a way to protect my privacy, and belonings, by asking does anyone know a way I can put a protecive spell attached with a curse on my room?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

I forgot to add I still live at home xD

Re: People going through your things

So, not to point out the obvious here... but have you tried just talking to your brother about this? Also, not just handing him things you're currently wearing...?
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Is there no possible way you could fit a lock on your door? If you live at home, of course it is up to whoever owns your home, but it is always better to try mundane things before applying magic. I think this is Gardenia's point too. Not because I believe you should save magic for occasional use, I don't at all. It is just that in my experience, direct mundane approaches are usually more affective than magic, that tends to have a far more subtle action. Compare 'protective aura' with 'bullet proof vest', and you'll get my point.

Having said that, once the mundane is taken care of, you could of course reinforce it with a spell to protect your belongings. Property protection appears to be one of the most common forms of folk magic, so there are plenty spells and charms to choose from, if you're not a fan of designing your own.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I was speechless because it all happend fast that I didnt have time to say words. Hes like "how do you think that vest would look on me?" then they tell me to take it off, so I did, and then ya, next time im going to stick up for my belongings. I think I resorted to magic there because I was hot temperd and I shouldnt get like that. And there is no way to put a lock on the door, but maybe before next time I try and do magic on my room, to tell people not to go in, and if it happens again, then go in. Its just one time I came home and my bros friends like "Nice room" im like ughh wow. but ya thanks for the advice guys

Comment

Personally I would balance a bucket of water on top of your door when you go out and then leave it ajar. ;-) It's horrible when people go through your things and I absolutely can't stand the 'What's yours is mine but what's mine stays mine' attitude. A good soaking might help. I would also have a quiet word and be firm - no more going in your room. No more taking whatever. Leave magic for the moment because this needs some practical support too. You may find if you stand your ground that it will settle down for you. You may find he simply laughs at you. If so start leaving stronglly worded messages in your room when you go out such as 'Keep your filthy hands off my stuff Name'. It's no good him getting huffy then because you've told him not to go into your room, and he will only see these messages if he persists. If he doesn't want to be offended the remedy is simple - stay out!

Magic has its place, and I think hexing also has its place. But not here - and not yet.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I would consider confronting him about it now that the event is over. Think about exactly what you want to say and how you want to say it. Tell him that you didn't appreciate his behavior or attitude and he is neither welcome in your room without your presence or permission or to use your things without asking politely. My 3 and 4 year old have better manners than that, lol. I'd also consider talking to your parents...and if that doesn't work, my hubby has a brother and second's Mrs. P's idea. He also says that he can neither confirm nor deny having ever put tacks on the floor and unplugging lamps/unscrewing lightbulbs, saran wrapping door frames, putting a thin film of silicone on non-carpeting floor, and electrifying the door knob. Really, if your google "booby trapping room" you can get a whole bunch of ideas. Another option, if this a that big of a problem is to get a really cheap door alarm--no one wants to go in a room they aren't supposed to be in when everyone knows about it.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the reply. Maybe before I decide to use magic next time, I should do the mundane, and if the mundane fails, and theres nothing I can do, I should maybe use magic. Thanks, Ill see how it goes

Blessed be !

Comment

There are magical things you can do as well...and you shouldn't think that you can't/shouldn't do them without trying mundane things as well. But, speaking from experience (and most of us have been *witchy* for a while) I think this is one of those cases where the mundane would be more effective and more efficient.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Ya ill discuss it with them tonite, telling them they cannot take my stuff and go in my room

Comment

Saw this late...good luck!
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

i was lurking about just reading posts till i saw this one.

go to home depot, buy a doorknob with a key lock (like $8), and install it according to directions. we were living with the mother in law for a while and i had to do this. its really easy and can be done with a phillips head screwdriver.

hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by theviking View Post
                        i was lurking about just reading posts till i saw this one.

go to home depot, buy a doorknob with a key lock (like $8), and install it according to directions. we were living with the mother in law for a while and i had to do this. its really easy and can be done with a phillips head screwdriver.

hope that helps.
                        Hey there, theviking! Welcome to the forum . If you want to go back to lurking, that's fine, but if you feel like posting more, please be sure and post andy intro, so we can get to know you a bit!
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Thank you!!! Dez , and theviking I will look into that, thanks for the advice

Comment

I just found this thread, and sorry to bump here, but I'm curious what ever happened here, if you don't mind my asking? Also, I would say that putting a curse somewhere your brother is likely to touch it is a bad idea for a couple reasons. First, I assume you're thinking of something like an "unlucky charm," since anything worse might be too harmful for him, in which case he would probably not associate his misfortunes with having gone through your stuff.

Second, I've yet to do much magick in my time, and I don't know how much of what I have done has actually been effective, but the forces of the universe do seem to want to impose one message on me very strongly: Be specific, because magick is unpredictable. It *will* do exactly as you say. This being known, I would not curse a family member or anyone I cared about even slightly. A "make them stub their toe" spell could turn into something very bad just because of a loophole in the spell. My advice would be to keep negative magicks away from people you care about. Protective charms to ward them off, sure, but nothing to directly cause negative things to happen to them.

-Valhalla

Comment

Find out what sort of animal he and his girlfriend don't like... and keep one as a pet in your room.
                              In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Working...
                              X