15 Completely Random Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 Completely Random Facts

About you, of course. Whatever categories you think make you quirky, witty, or filled with awesomesoss.

I find big, long lists to be difficult to read and shorter ones tend to sink in a little bit better because you aren't being WALL OF TEXT CRITS FOR ELEVENTY BILLION!

1. I love floppy-eared hound dogs. Have two bassets. They're worse than children.
    2. I've never cheated on a girl, ever. There were a couple that I would've liked to, though.
    3. I'm a 12 year old boy and a 50 year old man in the same body.
    4. I quit smoking, caffeine, and sodas this year. I'm pretty proud of that.
    5. My wife and I have a whole role reversal thing going on. I'm the emotional, sensitive one. She's the cool-headed, matter-of-fact type. She calls me a drama queen. I call her a heartless bitch.
    6. I try to worship the Divine by treating my wife like a goddess. A woman's body is a holy place.
    7. I'm terrified of spiders and I'm absolutely terrified of finding out that you're erased when you die.
    8. Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, B, A, Start is the Konami code. Everyone needs to know this.
    9. I learned just about all of my moral and ethical sense growing up from fantasy literature. Not religion.
    10. I don't believe the three greatest Jews were Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. I believe the three greatest Jews were Larry, Moe, and Curly.
    11. I work as a Communications Officer (Dispatcher) for a local police department.
    12. I eat pizza... a LOT.
    13. My favorite president is Teddy Roosevelt. My favorite scientist is Nikola Tesla.
    14. I tend to tear up during the sad or dramatic parts in movies. I usually yawn and pretend I'm sleepy so my wife doesn't catch me.
    15. I have a tattoo referencing Dungeons and Dragons.
    There once was a man who said though,
    It seems that I know that I know,
    What I'd like to see,
    Is the I that knows me,
    When I know that I know that I know.

Re: 15 Completely Random Facts

Wow, nobody? These threads are usually popular.

I don't smell, do I?
    What I'd like to see,
    Is the I that knows me,

Comment

LOL....I'll do it . Been trying to think if things the regulars here might not know about me.

1. I prefer salty/savory snacks...except for gummy candies like Swedish fish or those little raspberries. The town I lived i as a little girl in still had an old school drug store with a penny candy counter, and so they're very nostalgic for me.

2. New Year's resolution is to slowly work my way into eating low carb.

3. I own a t shirt with Ada Lovelace on it. Geek points if you know who that is.

4. If left to my own devices, I adopt neighborhood stray cats.

5. After more then eight years, I have begun wearing black nail polish regularly again, and, as silly as it is, I feel myself in ways I haven't for a long time.

6. I have an 85 warlock on WoW. Oooo....

7. Started watching Doctor Who recently. Also, Firefly. They're both like some amazing secret every other geek in the world knew was awesome except for me!

8. My wedding sucked. We are throwing a wonderful party for our ten year anniversary to make up for it.

9. Currently reading Sandman by Neil Geiman.

10. Today I cleaned the inside of my dishwasher with a pair of tweezers and a tooth brush...long story.

11. When I was a kid, I wanted to either be an anthropologist or a daylily hybridizer when I grew up. Or maybe study tropical diseases. I even made flash cards for the latter.

12. When I sound like Flanders on here with my goofy fake cuss words, that's actually how I talk in real life.

13. When I was 13, my family had a period where the lights would blow out, often with a shower of sparks, in the places is pent the most time. A few days later it would happen again. After a few months it stopped as quickly as it had started.

14. Unlike normal years, my corner of Idaho has gotten little snow, and it feels like spring. We should've started getting -5F at night by now!

15. I still have not read or seen the final installment of Harry Potter...and have avoided anyone who would spoil it completely by accident
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I'll add myself, but only because the list is shorter, lol.

1) I share my life with a Catahoula Leopard dog and two Ball Pythons.

2) My spirituality seems to be going neo-Romanesque.

3) I was recently diagnosed w/Avoidant Personality Disorder. It explains a lot about my motivations to me, but I prefer that people just believe I am naturally an ass, emotionally unavailable and reclusive.

4) I try to avoid mentioning the place I work because we have a restrictive social media usage policy, and I never have much nice to say about the place. I'm Union, I get paid well to do very little, but it doesn't change how horrible the place is or how embarrassed I am to be stuck working there.

5) The older I get, the geekier I get - I can talk to printers and copiers better than I can to people.

6) I love herbs, herbal medications & herbal medicines in general, but the more I learn about them, the more advantages I see in synthesized medications for serious conditions.

7) I'm starting to engage in the Health at Every Size movement.

8) I'm a troll. Not so much here, but in other seedier parts of the 'Net.

9) I run proxy programs for people in disadvantaged countries so they can get their messages out to the free world.

10) I'm teaching myself database administration.

11) Every weekend since the middle of October, I give myself a cooking challenge. This past weekend was raisin (yeast) bread. Last week was a decent cheese sauce for mac & cheese.

12) I honestly don't see anything inherently wrong with cannibalism and consider it one of the greener methods of body disposal.

13) Eating huit le coche is just wrong.

14) I think one of my past lives was spent with a traveling carnival.

15) Since I've been diagnosed w/a personality disorder, I've stopped doing Tarot readings or offering any kind of emotional or relationship advice to anyone without adding numerous disclaimers - and I find myself just not saying anything more often than not.

Originally posted by Dez View Post
        7. Started watching Doctor Who recently. Also, Firefly. They're both like some amazing secret every other geek in the world knew was awesome except for me!
        If you like Dr. Who, you should try Torchwood - it's smexy!
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
          3. I own a t shirt with Ada Lovelace on it. Geek points if you know who that is.
          I did not but thank you for introducing us. That's another feather in my hat.

I missed Firefly, too. I DO own Serenity and watch it at least once a month, during which I curse Fox for canceling the series.

9. Currently reading Sandman by Neil Geiman.
          Good series. If I may, I'd also recommend Preacher by Garth Ennis.

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
          2) My spirituality seems to be going neo-Romanesque.
          Like, Religio Romana Roman-esque?

12) I honestly don't see anything inherently wrong with cannibalism and consider it one of the greener methods of body disposal.
          I can honestly say you're the first pro-cannibalism person I've met. Kudos. You do have a point, I suppose...
          What I'd like to see,
          Is the I that knows me,

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
            If you like Dr. Who, you should try Torchwood - it's smexy!
            Ooo...I keep forgetting about that one! *Adds it to her list* Especially given my preference for Western influence in Steampunk, I'll probably love it.

Originally posted by GabrielWithoutWings View Post
            Good series. If I may, I'd also recommend Preacher by Garth Ennis.
            *Also added*
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Like, Religio Romana Roman-esque?
              Hah, no - Classical neo-Romanesque. Lares & penates, that sort of thing. It may have something to do w/my reconnection to Luna. Even though She's a Titan, She has a more Roman nature to Her. Less of the Grecian maiden-huntress and more of the passionate (and compassionate) matron.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

There was a thread many many moons ago that I started. It was 50 facts though! But it was many moons ago!

So my facts...

1. Pear Kopperberg is my favourite cider
                2. I have a house Rabbit names Braken.
                3. I bought my partner a steam punk style pocket watch for his Christmas and he loves it.
                4. I sold 2 paintings last year.
                5. Firefly is much loved by me as well!
                6. I started watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer when I was five.
                7. If I had to move anywhere else in the world other than Scotland it would be New Zealand.
                8. My youtube channel has 272 subscribers
                9. Every time I hear something new about The Hobbit movie I squeal like a little girl high on sugar!
                10. My bedroom stinks of oil paints.
                11. I have ten dresses that I wear for different social occasions, over and over and over again.
                12. Most of my clothes are from chafrity shops.
                13. Stephen Fry for Prime Minister!!!
                14. I dislike feminism.
                15. I want a husky.

That wasn't as painful as I thought it would be! x
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

1. Nightwish is my favorite band
                  2. Anne Rice is my favorite author
                  3. I like having to only think of 15 things rather than 50
                  4. gay and proud
                  5. I've read something like 60 books since school started
                  6. I think the deformed and ugly parts of the world are as beautiful or more so than the traditionally beautiful ones
                  7. I have several high lv characters on Megaten mmo
                  8. My philosophies are sometimes hard to understand and insult people frequently
                  9. Vampires make me happy
                  10. I may very well be crazy
                  11. the entirety of my English journal is filled with philosophy
                  12. I dislike writing with blue pen
                  13. If I had my way all wars would be fought on foot/horseback with spears, swords and other basic weaponry.
                  14. my mom can't cook
                  15. I'm called mature but I think it's just my arrogance making people think that
                  Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                    1. Nightwish is my favorite band
                    I keep hearing about this band. I'll have to check them out.
                    What I'd like to see,
                    Is the I that knows me,

Comment

I keep hearing about this band. I'll have to check them out.
                      Indeed you shall. They are one of my favourite bands too. I can highly recommend their new album, although actually I can highly recommend anything by Nightwish.
                      "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Comment

1. I've practiced calligraphy since I was 13.
                        2. My ideal meal is sushi with tea and a dessert of gluten-free cheese danishes and coffee.
                        3. My favorite band is Queen despite my Devin Townsend obsession.
                        4. My favorite comic growing up was The Punisher.
                        5. I'm mostly doing this right now because I can't sleep.
                        6. I've had trouble sleeping most of my life.
                        7. My favorite pen is my space pen.
                        8. I learned Chinese painting while working at a Chinese restaurant.
                        9. I am a very disorganized person.
                        10. When I say I love music, that means I LOVE music. My iPod ranges in genres from rock to rai.
                        11. I've slowly regained my writing groove in the past few months.
                        12. I'm slowly making time to re-learn pointe.
                        13. Until high school I wanted to be an astronomer; it changed when I realized I suck at math.
                        14. I really suck at math.
                        15. My favorite American author is Edgar Allan Poe and has been since the age of 9.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

1. I share my life with Mr Penry, two bassett hounds and soon.... a new baby St Bernard (we lost our old one in November.) They are my fur babies (well, not Mr Penry.... quite )
                          2. I have children and grandchildren.
                          3. I am left handed - it seems to run in my family. Half my children are left handed too.
                          4. I found out my first husband was dying when my eldest son was two days old. I was widowed at 25.
                          5. Once upon a time, I wanted to be a ballerina.... this usually provokes gales of laughter from anyone who knows me since I am short and dumpy in stature.... 'rotund' might be a good description....
                          6. I love classical and early music - Bach uplifts me, Beethoven makes me cry (or want to man the barricades depending which period of his music I'm listening to) Vivaldi makes me happy and Mozart sends me on an emotional roller-coaster.
                          7. I love art too. Got star struck with the pre-Raphaelites and went downhill from there.... I used to do a lot of painting and still give some of my paintings away in a free raffle when I give a talk.
                          8. Nothing in my home (apart from TV, fridge and cooker - oh and computer!) is new. My home is like a time warp. Some of the stuff we still use is 100 - 400 years old.
                          9. I am a terrible hoarder.
                          10. I have a dollshouse.
                          11. Although my accent makes me sound like something out of Under Milk Wood, I cannot speak Welsh properly. This is a long, long saga..... Mr Penry does however speak Welsh beautifully. I think he sounds magical. I could - and do listen to him for hours.
                          11. I love perfume.... and my sense of smell is terrible.
                          12. My favourite plants are lavender and rosa gallica (the old fashioned apothecary's rose)
                          13. I love poetry
                          14. I am not very sociable in real life. I think I am on the way to becoming a recluse sometimes.
                          15. I seem to get on very well with garden birds. No idea why.
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

1. My hair is so long that I often sit on it if I'm not careful
                            2. Despite my spelling, I am very dyslexic and I have a reading age of around 9 and a half
                            3. I'm really short
                            4. I'm a cross-dresser, even though people say 'But girls can't be crossdressers' They can :P
                            5. I am always singing, music is my life and I am addicted to Evanescence
                            6. I play the piano, guitar, drums, tambourine, Dbass, and xylophone
                            7. I have depression and frequently cut
                            8. I have something like 172 crystals
                            9. I have lots of joint troubles, including arthritis in my back, hyper-mobility in my hands, a tendon issue in my hip that causes it to frequently dislocate and a cracking neck
                            10. I can cook really well, but still managed to burn cornflakes
                            11. I put everyone else's needs before my own and always like to make people smile
                            12. I study philosophy, and was 1 mark off 100% in a recent exam
                            13. I want to get 19 tattoos and 12 piercings, I already have 8 piercings
                            14. I'm a vegetarian
                            15. I really want a cornsnake as a pet, they look awesome

Far easier that the 50 facts XD
                            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

1. I hate doing lists. They just make me so frustrated and angry. Let's see if this will end well.

2. I was born on a national holiday. So at school I always had my birthday off.

3. I'm an Ahly fan. Ahly is an Egyptian football (soccer) club.

4. I am not a winter person. I hate feeling cold.

5. Food and sleep make me happy.

6. My musical holy trinity consists of Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson and Rammstein.

7. I like potatoes.

8. I can't believe I already finished more than half of this stupid list. I'm finding a hard time thinking of more stuff since I'm watching a football game. Which is actually a sport I like to watch and play. Dammit, I should have mentioned that as a separate point in my list. Now I have to think of something else.

9. I'm Batman.

10. I'm not a boring person. Not because people tell me I'm interesting. But how else do you explain me enjoying being alone all the time, when there is no one else but me to keep me company? /foreveralone.jpg

11. Team Grinch all the way.

12. I'm told I have road rage. But I really don't. It's just that people drive like crazy here.

13. Anxiety. I haz it.

14. I don't drink and I don't smoke. But if I had an addiction these days, it would probably be the internet.

15. I have successfully finished this list, and I have not yelled at my screen once! Thank you list.
                              [4:82]

Comment

Working...
                              X