Forum Posts Not Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Posts Not Posting

I hope this is the right place. I tried checking the FAQ and searching the forum, but couldn't find anything. Some of my posts are not posting, which others post immediately. Any idea what's going on?
    "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: Forum Posts Not Posting

I know some of them get caught up in the spam filter, especially if you're a new member. It did it to me for a while when I was new and it's still doing it to my friend and site member TurningTides.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Yep, our spam filter mistakes real posts sometimes. Usually a mod or admin will come along and catch it, but if not, send one of us a note with a link to the thread and we'll take care of it
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Ahhh, okay, thank you folks.
        "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

thanks for infomation..

Comment

why I can't see my post ?

I 'm new to this forum ,and just post a new thread , but I can't find it now , why ?

Comment

yes, I have found this problem too , and then I just can post what I want to say again, it wast me some time .

Comment

Re: why I can't see my post ?

Sometimes the spam filter noms posts. Give it time, or a mod will rescue it from the Spam Rancor pit.
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

Re: why I can't see my post ?

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                  Sometimes the spam filter noms posts. Give it time, or a mod will rescue it from the Spam Rancor pit.
                  yes , I wait for some time , and then I try it again. now that is ok !:^^:

Comment

I want to point out that more often than not, when a post gets flagged as "needing validation" in our mod tool, it's because a new member with less than 10 posts has made an entry that contains a link. As per our forum rules, we want to make sure that those who post links are somewhat of an established member in our community. No one likes to be spammed with a link from someone they don't know. Or else everyone would be reading their spam inbox. So please keep this in mind in the future, if you cannot find your entry and are new to the forum.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Ahh. Well this answers my questions of my phantom posts. I believe the posts I posted contained links, as well as an image... Now, should I address the issue to a mod or simply repost? I feel reposting may only exacerbate the situation. Are there proper mods to contact for this?
                      Last edited by PinkFloydBass; 07 Apr 2012, 18:29.

Comment

What happens is that the posts you already made are just waiting for approval. As soon as someone comes on that can approve it, everyone will be able to see the post.

If you just keep reposting, you could wind up with multiple copies of the same post. The best thing I can say is to just be patient, about the phantom posts. And keep looking around for other places to post replies so that you get out of the "potential spammer" range that the anti-spam target lazers all look for.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Ahh. Very cool Thanks for the reply! (and another post closer to escaping the firing range) xD

Comment

The threshold for posts awaiting approval when the spam filter catches them is 5(*). Once you hit that mark, it should not send them to the awaiting approval que. Our anti-spam filter is very finicky at times. I try to make an effort to check the que at least once a day, but I do ask that people be patient when posting.

(*)Please note that we have some sections where posting will not add to the overall post number, such as the intro section.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                            X