Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter time Blues...(my rant, I'm depressed today)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter time Blues...(my rant, I'm depressed today)

(Beware my ranting)
    I despise Winter. I hate being trapped inside the house because the air is too cold and ground is wet and cold. I live in a tiny 10 x 10 smoke filled room with my boyfriend. I can't keep up with his mess or mine because all I do is work. I feel trapped inside this tiny room with no fresh air. I can't hang out outside of it because of other family members who are no so keen on company.
    I'm really feeling trapped and cold and miserable.All I ever do is work and/or waste away to nothing in this horrible little room. I want so badly to run away from this life.
    I never have time for me, I don't even know what I need anymore or who I am. Heck I don't even know who or what to pray to anymore or how. I'm feeling completely disconnected from everything.
    I approach my oracle cards for some measure of comfort but I still feel lost. I desperately need words, prayers, jokes anything of encouragement today if anyone has the time to do so. Thanks for letting me rant.

Re: Winter time Blues...(my rant, I'm depressed today)

Here's a joke for ya: Three men walk into a bar.

You'd think one of them would have ducked!

Seriously, though, I have at least one good friend that gets SADS very severely. Winter doesn't make me all that terribly happy myself (this may be because I hate snow). I will pray and ask whomever watches over you to show you extra love and support during this time.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

There's a quote from Ode to the West Wind by Percy Shelley that I try to think of this time of year: "If winter comes, can spring be far behind?" It really is just around the corner...we're past the halfway point of the darker seasons. Sometimes I also find it helps to get a calendar and mark down days. So I'd put in the equinox and cross off each day at the end of the day, and watch myself get closer to the day I'm looking forward to.

Comment

Have you considered using a light box? They are not cheap, but if you shop around on sites such as ebay, or look out for special offers, you can find some fairly reasonable ones. I plan to get one because I work night shift so sleep through the short daylight hours in the winter.

They've apparently been shown to massively improve people's mood in winter, whether they suffer from full SAD or just get a touch of the winter blues. The best part is that you don't actually have to do anything. You just put them on for an hour and go about your business. You can even get portable ones you can take to work and have on your desk.

It's just a suggestion. I realise that a lot of us are struggling financially right now so finding the cash might not be easy, which is exactly why I don't currently have one. Too many other things take priority. If you DO have the money available though, your health and wellbeing is definitely worth it.
        Last edited by Jembru; 16 Jan 2012, 07:29.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Oh yeah, I totally second that....I have one and I totally love it. It's as bright as the sun.

Comment

Sorry to go slightly off topic but, Danie Marie, I don't suppose you happen to know if light boxes have the same affect on vitamin D production as sunlight?
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I don't think so....not entirely sure though. I take supplements as well as sit by the box.

Comment

i have definitely considered it, I even looked into it (which is why i dont have one yet hehe). I also have a calender beside my bed to keep track of the moons (im always a horrid monster the week of the full moon, so is my dad!) I probably should take vitamins as well, but I'm a terrible healer and am not sure which would work best for me.
                I also washed my hair in lavender soap for the aromatherpy. Lime, peppermint and lavender are my feel good smells.

Comment

Working...
                X